Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Emperor's Girdle

I never stayed doomed long enough to find out myself. Even if it works like gut stated, there's potential to make mistakes and die. Dooming seems to be an all-around bad idea unless you know how to handle it (and personally I don't).

Something I forgot in my other post: if you don't plan on using missiles, the girdle can be stuck in the missile slot for its regeneration. Before that gets fixed
    "And light there be!"

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Does castig darkness actually activate grue eating abilities?
    Yes, I have posted a YASD about the matter..

http://www.adom.de/forums/showthread...urtling-wizard ...and here it is.
    Last edited by Jursk; 11-19-2012 at 01:02 PM.
    Gnome Wizardx2, GE Barbarian, HE Archer, Gnome Beastfighter, DE Barbarian.
    PreReleases: ME Wizard, Hurt Archer, Gnome Wizard, Ratling Beastie, DE Monk, Ratling Archer

Quote Originally Posted by Jursk View Post
    Yes, I have posted a YASD about the matter..

http://www.adom.de/forums/showthread...urtling-wizard ...and here it is.
    Good to know.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

You can bypass the monster generating at a higher levels if you taken the girdle off before descending and reequip it once the level is generated I think.
    Proud member of Team Silfir in the Treasure Hunter debate.

At least it's the safest way to become doomed temportarily.
    I'm going to win with Dark Elves of all classes.
    Mindcrafter, Necromancer, Beastfighter, ULE Archer, UNE Barbarian done.

http://adomgb.sweb.cz/adomgb-0-6.html
    If the Improved Guidebook is worth believing, then wearing an ankh should totally cover dooming from girdle.
    And that's what I said about Crown of Science, btw.
    I'm going to win with Dark Elves of all classes.
    Mindcrafter, Necromancer, Beastfighter, ULE Archer, UNE Barbarian done.

Dooming has other effects beyond luck modifiers, such as doubling the background corruption rate.

[edit]Looking at the guidebook's section 0.12.3 on dooming and cursing, it seems somewhat clear to me that they haven't really researched this all that thoroughly at all as most of the information there is wrong.
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 12-04-2012 at 09:03 PM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyreles View Post
    You can bypass the monster generating at a higher levels if you taken the girdle off before descending and reequip it once the level is generated I think.
    interesting thing - i actually like monster generation, so you could deliberately put it on before going down stairs, then take it off

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Looking at the guidebook's section 0.12.3 on dooming and cursing, it seems somewhat clear to me that they haven't really researched this all that thoroughly at all as most of the information there is wrong.
    Dooming doesn't seem to have its own page on the wiki: it redirects to the intrinsic page, where there is only a teensy blurb about Doomed. It might be nice if some knowledgeable folk were to create a page on Dooming, and perhaps, include a section to clear up common misconceptions, and rebut false information from the guidebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    interesting thing - i actually like monster generation, so you could deliberately put it on before going down stairs, then take it off
    Grue is waiting for you
    Elven wizards for bird's-eye, drakeling monks for samoorai, archers for getting bored, orcish barbs for kill them all.