Thread: Beggars in Lawenilothehl - where'd they go?

Default Beggars in Lawenilothehl - where'd they go?

Anyone else notice that beggar generation in Lawenilothehl completely stopped? I'm trying to figure out if it's something I did, or if monster population dropped and I've been very unlucky with spawns, or what.

I came back to town to train & get some booze, but the town's dry. Spent a few hundred turns killing mobs, but seems like there aren't very many overall (compared to before in this same game), and zero beggars have spawned. I need more data though. Anyone else notice anything?

This is 1.2.0p3, character level 19. Hotzenplotz & guards are dead; Skriek's dead; Yergius, Barnabas, and Kranf Niest are alive.

Yes, I've tried to scum for booze with two different characters and noticed similar.

I stopped trying after that, so don't know whether it is by design.

Hope so anyway.

I must add, this is the only times I've ever tried this, so don't really know how it used to be.
    I always thought booze was a joke item to give to beggars, nevermind get it from them.
    Last edited by Stingray1; 11-22-2012 at 05:09 AM.
    Learn to learn.

Monster generation isn't very high in the bandit town and beggars are uncommon enough that you can easily spend a few hundred turns without seeing any. I once killed 20 beggars for courage, that took frustratingly long. Being doomed to increase monster generation helps a bit.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

spawn rate is higher if EVERYBODY in lawenilothehl is dead. Barnabas, mad doctor, everybody.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    spawn rate is higher if EVERYBODY in lawenilothehl is dead. Barnabas, mad doctor, everybody.
    Still, i think outlaws and bandits will be more likely to appear than beggars. They're pretty rare..just a guess though.
    you can't wake up who's pretending to sleep