Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Guaranteed wish

(If you sacrifice him, wouldn't the gods just take the AoLS along with him?)
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Sacced monsters drop the stuff they picked up, right? No random loot, but you often have to kick all these rocks and arrows away from altar. So Thundarr can be generated like MaLaKaI, standing on AoLS.

Given AOLS gives immunity from death, having 1-2 tricky ways around hp-death seems like a bug-report. AOLS should save your life (or the NPC wearing it) from death, period. The fact some mechanics come into play currently that make it fail should be reported. It is life-saving after all. Quest could be pick-pocketing for N/C or reward for some task for L. Any kill-the-bugger approach should guarantee that the amulet is spent (petrification too, you die on petrification, why wouldn't amulet save you from that? bug report). If we all concentrate on wish being spent for a couple of scrolls, might as well rename this thread. Guaranteed wish is much more than help for ultras in my opinion

Well, the monster inventory system still needs a lot of work. Worn cloaks of invisibility won't make monsters invisible, goblins equipping Executor still deal pitiful damage, and and as I've learned today, equipping green scale mail won't protect them from acid bolts.
    "And light there be!"

Yes, if a monster equips items it gains the dv / pv bonuses and that's all. I'm afraid asking for a proper monster inventory system is asking a bit much. We will probably have to wait for adom 2 for that.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.