Thread: Eating Keriax's corpse yield very little but corruption?

Default Eating Keriax's corpse yield very little but corruption?

Blessed his corpse ate it, in the hope of getting enough HP+PP coupled with wearing the Crown of Chaos (+Orb of Fire, Shield of Raw Steel if necessary) for casting wish for an AoLS.

Only received a minor boost to PP. Well, goodgame on the next character, hoping to be more lucky wrt AoLS.

First time I eat his corpse, so don't know how it's supposed to alter stats. Should I file a bug report?
    Last edited by Stingray1; 12-01-2012 at 01:07 PM.
    Learn to learn.

It seems that stats increase only work if your stats are low, which is quite unfair.
    I'm going to win with Dark Elves of all classes.
    Mindcrafter, Necromancer, Beastfighter, ULE Archer, UNE Barbarian done.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    It seems that stats increase only work if your stats are low, which is quite unfair.
    Ok, thx. won't make that mistake again.
    Learn to learn.

I did the same mistake once. Maybe, if stats are lowered with sickness or starvation, it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    That seems to be the case, according the DB bot on IRC.

corpse(100%; [Cursed:5%:+2d3PP; Uncursed:25%:+2d3PP; Blessed:50%:+2d3PP], 16.7%:+1Ma, [+10St], [+10To], [+10Ma], [+5Pe], Corrupts 8000)

Full starvation (having the first four stats completely halved) and sickness should enable you to get the most from these bonuses, excepting Mana which to my knowledge can't be artificially decreased... just try not to die.
    "And light there be!"

Quote Originally Posted by anon123 View Post
    That seems to be the case, according the DB bot on IRC.

corpse(100%; [Cursed:5%:+2d3PP; Uncursed:25%:+2d3PP; Blessed:50%:+2d3PP], 16.7%:+1Ma, [+10St], [+10To], [+10Ma], [+5Pe], Corrupts 8000)

Full starvation (having the first four stats completely halved) and sickness should enable you to get the most from these bonuses, excepting Mana which to my knowledge can't be artificially decreased... just try not to die.
    ...or to die from corruption.
    I remember YASD post about this.

The guidebook includes a table for probabilities of stat increases when that increase is elsewhere labeled as "parenthesized." So for example, if you eat the corpse of an ancient blue wyrm which includes the effect "(+5 To)", when your toughness is currently 22, then you'd have only a 55% chance of getting that +5 Toughness result.

I don't vouch for the accuracy of that table, especially considering the discontinuities in the 20's, but, it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pim View Post
    The guidebook includes a table for probabilities of stat increases when that increase is elsewhere labeled as "parenthesized." So for example, if you eat the corpse of an ancient blue wyrm which includes the effect "(+5 To)", when your toughness is currently 22, then you'd have only a 55% chance of getting that +5 Toughness result.
    Is that a 55% chance of receiving a direct five point increase, or of getting to 23 To, then a decreased chance to get 24, and so on? I recall reading the oracle's corpse, for instance, doesn't give you +6 Le, but rather six chances of increasing Le by one. This seems to match the in-game behavior I've observed: always get 6 points when exploiting starvation and sickness, get 1-2 without those and Learning in the 20s.

I don't vouch for the accuracy of that table, especially considering the discontinuities in the 20's, but, it's there.
    That's how it was in 1.1.1. Probabilities for stat gains were odd for attributes at between 20 and 30 points.
    "And light there be!"