Thread: Weapon marks and weapon brands

Default Weapon marks and weapon brands

IRC gained weapon marks amount is proportional to the damage output. Thus Very agressive and Very careful are nearly equal in the terms of weapon marks gain. And what about frozen, flaming, lightning, poisoned, lawful and chaotic weapons? Is this extra damage considered as melee or applied in a *different way* and just makes mobs die faster without actually giving my character this desirable experience of how to handle his weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    This is a gameplay challenge, not an exercise in tedium.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebrather View Post
    IRC gained weapon marks amount is proportional to the damage output.
    No it is proportional to certain value presumably tied to mob difficulty. For missiles swamp hydras are among top choices I believe.

It is marks per hit and hits until marks are still gained. Hits per mob clearly are more the weaker weapon is. so bashing good mob with rusty broken weapon is best training method. In theory.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

It's tied to damage output too, Soirana. Critical hits seem to always give an extra mark. I don't think the likes of flaming etc would effect it though.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!