Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Call for a Guidebook maintainer

I had to look up in dictionary what "condescending" means - it means expressing sort of superiority above the others. And I have to disagree, don't feel like any of my responses are "condescending", and you have not been specific. I believe people are equal and have right to access knowledge, copyrighted or not - despite some of them happen to act like trolls.

I wrote a detailed response, but I deleted it because it's frankly not worth the hassle.

There's a difference between saying that people have equal access to knowledge and copypasting somebody else's work whole cloth and passing it off as your own.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

JellySlayer, at least please be fair. I have NEVER passed it as my own.

Quote Originally Posted by IGB View Post
    JellySlayer, at least please be fair. I have NEVER passed it as my own.
    What's this?:

Quote Originally Posted by IGB View Post
    I guess now I can remove all references and links to his old, crappy GB from the IGB.
    (highlight mine)

"Remove all references" -- does that mean "remove all attribution"? Thus claiming it as your own work? I.e., even if you haven't claimed it your own yet, then it seems like you're going to do so.
    Last edited by mike3; 01-22-2013 at 10:20 PM.

unlike the original gb, the IGB doesn't seem to have any copywright claims posted
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

So will the IGB be updated with info from 1.2+? If so, will you create a separate gb or simply replace in sections that changed?
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

mike3, visit http://adomgb.sweb.cz, it still states it is derivative work and links to the original. I meant removing all copyright references, but missed the work copyright in that post.
    grobblewobble, the IGB will stay relative to 1.1.1 until final ADOM 1.2 is released to the public. Then the 1.2 content might get added, surely I don't plan creating a separate gb.

Two things:

1. May I direct your attention to this thread

2. Alucard, do you (or does anyone else) still have Andy Williams' email address?
    Playing since gamma 10, when necklaces looked like &s. Lithium man. Brass + Lithium. OCG. Illiterate barb. One race and one class to go.