Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mist Elves & Ratlings (spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by manedhel View Post
    Trying to do an ultra ending would be fun with a mist elf, taking into account that totrr is made of iron.
    such low hp would be impossible to kill andor i would think. You'd have to scum jarrod / have a wish engine.

I don't think I've ever taken significant damage in the Andor Drakon fight. It would be very much doable overall - keep the trident unequipped until you are close to killing him with slaying ammo.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

btw playing a ratling archer... good dex, good toughness, actually might be a better combo than HE archer

How's the ammo?
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

you start with a decent amount of quarrels. Found it nice to play because i was able to continue on even after my crossbow was lost in an acid trap. Normally with a HE if you lose your long bow your pretty much shot.

I'm pretty sure that wearing gloves allows you to wield the TotRR normally, so no real harm there.

Also, ratlings are easily great. Appraising and detect item status is a very nice combination, they have amazing stat potentials (dexterity and toughness high) and good overall stats. Only bad thing is the lifespan, even all the shop prices are great. I'm well underway of getting an avatar of order finish with this ratling wizard I'm playing now.

Also, it seems pretty obvious to me that thomas likes mist elves a whole lot more than ratlings. Just look at the respective lengths of the manual entries.. But I digress, tl;dr I love ratlings.

Ratling gods seem very pleased when I sacrifice si's, didn't really bother to check otherwise. Got rid of all of them now I got the chaos pieces, just need to survive until I can acquire the TotRR..
    Last edited by Bieks; 12-20-2012 at 10:39 PM.

Cool Preferred sacrifice type:

Ratling gods' preferred sac type:
    [spoil]artifacts[spoil]

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    Ratling gods' preferred sac type:
    [spoil]artifacts[/spoil]
    Has anyone tried selling an artifact to a Ratling shopkeeper? I ask mostly because I know that they sell most things for 1gp, but I wonder if they rate artifacts differently.

Can you use both types of necromancy with mist elves? For some reason a mist elven Chaos Knight used standard necromancy by default.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Was it C? C MEs use regular necromancy (I believe this is in the manual, though not 100% sure)

Edit: the wonders of PoEx on ME Elementalist....Ma <-> Wi; Ap <-> To. Not sure I could have gotten any luckier, excepting maybe having Wi & To switched in the before.
    http://ancardia.us.to/adom_users/sirtheta/death.vlg
    Last edited by SirTheta; 12-21-2012 at 10:54 AM.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.