Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Mist Elves & Ratlings (spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by SirTheta View Post
    Was it C? C MEs use regular necromancy (I believe this is in the manual, though not 100% sure)
    Ah, makes sense. Thanks!
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bieks View Post

Also, it seems pretty obvious to me that thomas likes mist elves a whole lot more than ratlings. Just look at the respective lengths of the manual entries...
    I agree that the ME racial description looks silly and a bit... gushing next to other, much shorter entries.

I love ratlings too, they're surprisingly adept at a variety of things. Mist elves, on the other hand... I started a clean hiscore for pre7, and it's now populated almost solely by mist elves: explosive door, pit trap, vortex, crushed by a door, explosive door, sickness, pit trap, vortex, explosive door (and so on ad nauseam).

Quote Originally Posted by paivi View Post
    I agree that the ME racial description looks silly and a bit... gushing next to other, much shorter entries.

I love ratlings too, they're surprisingly adept at a variety of things. Mist elves, on the other hand... I started a clean hiscore for pre7, and it's now populated almost solely by mist elves: explosive door, pit trap, vortex, crushed by a door, explosive door, sickness, pit trap, vortex, explosive door (and so on ad nauseam).
    Sixth Sense - trap avoidance is key then. Or Detect Traps and two rings of searching.

I'm working my ratling weaponmaser, and he's doing OK. Just wish I could find a decent forge.

Quote Originally Posted by paivi View Post

Mist elf farmer is the way to go. On my way to Mana Temple.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

ME Beastfighters and ME Barbarians also seem pretty easy to do. Before a crash, I had an ME Beastfighter prepping for ToEF run. With a little luck you could get 16-19 To or so [depends on starting sing] w/o using potential trick.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.

Ratling gods:

L - Fiit-Ssaaar
    N - Sssaass
    C - Fiit-Yaaar

Mist elf gods:

L - Order
    N - Balance
    C - Chaos

Ratlings really do have super toughness by the way. On par with orcs, but without the sacrifices to learning and mana. They're also fast-levelling - seems about 20% less xp needed than normal. However they do tend to start with poor equipment.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

There's definitely some weird stuff going down when Mist Elves have corruptions---looks like -x Wi, +x St, +x To, +x Dx, +x Ma where x is one for every, maybe, 3 corruptions?

this would mean that ME CKs get quite powerful as the corruptions roll in (though also easily confused).
    Last edited by SirTheta; 12-22-2012 at 08:39 AM.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)

Despite getting a message about impure metal destroying your skin, it's possible to take no damage edit: thanks to anon123--if you have Immune to Pain
    Last edited by SirTheta; 12-22-2012 at 03:53 PM.

scale skin corruption will look good for this

How is everyone doing with their Mist Elves? I'm having a really hard time being successful with such a low HP pool. Wanted to try the new ME Necro but even at level 7~ I still only had around 14 HP, and without Healing... I also had a ME die on the FIRST step off a staircase (dlvl 1 VD) to a fireball trap. I'm guessing the Sixth Sense trap-dodging talent I took doesn't help with those :/

Seriously how do these guys live thousands of years with like 7 HP. They would die if they broke a finger.

Edit: Played a little ME Duelist, Necro, and Paladin. So far, satiation has been acting exactly like other standard R/C combos. I get hungry just as frequently as I normally do. Maybe the never-ending satiation thing was a bug Thomas fixed? I don't remember seeing it in the patch notes.
    Last edited by biomateria; 01-06-2013 at 02:11 PM.