Thread: higher metal large armors

Default higher metal large armors

I am starting to find higher metal large chain mail now, occasionally. They're insanely good; best I found so far is a large adamantium chain mail (-1, -3) [+15, +37]. I was so excited, until I saw "you critically hit the fire giant and fail to harm it". Monsters can now wear higher metal armor too, it seems..
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

I basically know nothing about ADOM II, so this might not mean the same it does in the first game... but randomly generated [+15, +37] armor sounds really outrageous!
    "And light there be!"

It is.. and I haven't even seen eternium large chain mail yet.

Then again, you almost need it. Adom II is difficult at the moment. I wonder if it is even possible to win with any race other than troll.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    It is.. and I haven't even seen eternium large chain mail yet.

Then again, you almost need it. Adom II is difficult at the moment. I wonder if it is even possible to win with any race other than troll.
    In 0.2.8 at least, I managed a few wins with dark elves, but the introduction of ranged attacks probably makes it harder. Once you get the earth shard (admittedly this isn't always trivial) the game is more of a test of patience than anything else.

How did you deal with fire giants with a dark elf? Dark elves do look like the second best race, with good speed and find weakness bonus.

You have to kite them, which is not so difficult given that they can easily get twice a fire giant's speed even without rings. It might be necessary to tunnel out a long corridor, or to kick out parts of a room corner:

#X####
    X
    #
    #
    #

The orcs in Fnuk's halls give good experience, so you can use those to get to a high enough level to deal reasonable damage. You also have the option of restocking/robbing shops to get potions of extra healing and good armor (though this is not completely necessary).

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    I was so excited, until I saw "you critically hit the fire giant and fail to harm it". Monsters can now wear higher metal armor too, it seems..
    Just met a 298 PV fire giant... ugh this is going to take a while

EDIT: 366 is the new record for me
    EDIT2: newest record: 506 PV
    Last edited by Grond; 01-27-2013 at 02:13 AM.