Thread: ancardia.eu

Default ancardia.eu

In the last few days, gauleng (a fellow ADOMer) and I have been installing the ADOM server at my home computer (in Spain). We were curious about how difficult could it be to set it up. It turns out it is terribly easy thanks to the detailed instructions that Alucard has writen out (mostly copy & paste). Right now we have it working for the most part.

Since there is no server in Europe at the moment, we thought that there might be some people interested in playing in it. Therefore, we decided to buy a domain, ancardia.eu (which was terribly cheap, btw) and allow public access.

However, there are a few clarifications we would like to make:

• Unlike ancardia.us.to, which runs in a VPS (if I'm not wrong), ancardia.eu is placed at my home computer. The hardware and the internet connection should be (in theory) more than enough. However, we won't know with certainty until several people are connected at the same time. If the performance isn't good enough I'm afraid we'll have to take it down.
    • We'll try to keep the server up 24/7, but again, this is a home computer, unforeseen events may happen.
    • The only prereleases that can be played at the moment are the public ones (1.2.0p3 and 1.2.0p5). The reason is because neither gauleng nor I are donors and, therefore, we don't have access to the private prereleases.

You can find the login instructions in http://ancardia.eu. Any feedback is very welcome!

Axes High!
    1 ULE, 1 UNE, 18 regular endings. Won with every race. Trying to win with every class. Never won with farmer, merchant, mindcrafter and thief.

May I ask what is the up/down-load speed to your server? And CPU and RAM? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by sorrow View Post
    May I ask what is the up/down-load speed to your server? And CPU and RAM? Just curious.
    20MB/2MB, Intel i5 3.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM
    Last edited by quik; 01-11-2013 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Forgot to quote
    1 ULE, 1 UNE, 18 regular endings. Won with every race. Trying to win with every class. Never won with farmer, merchant, mindcrafter and thief.

Great, it has no lag at all from here! (being in the same city probably has something to do with that :P)

I hope you can add the donor prereleases at some point.