Thread: FontSize/Fullscreen/Other UI Options?

Default FontSize/Fullscreen/Other UI Options?

In Adom2 and other modern roguelikes, there's a way to scale the UI up, or at least change the font size to better use a modern monitor resolution. When running on Linux, I can just maximize the console and ramp up the font size, but on Windows, I'm forced to play ADOM in a tiny window, and it sucks.

I checked the ADOM help file, and it claims that there's a .cfg file, and command line arguments. But, running 1.2pr5, Adom.exe -h doesn't work, and I don't see where the .cfg file is stored.

Any help?

Will ADOM be supporting more easy font size scaling or other options in future prereleases?
    Will ADOM be supporting colored messages like ADOM Sage provided? I find that's very helpful to avoid having to check the message buffer all the time, or at least know when to check the log, another nice modern feature.

The Windows port of the game creates its own display. You can't resize the window, nor are command-line options usable. However, the font used and its size can be changed by editing the config file (located at %localappdata%\ADOM\adom_dat\adom.cfg if ADOM_HOME is not set) to add two lines.

HTML Code:
    Font_Name = Courier New
    # You can change it to any other monospaced font, e.g. Fixedsys
    Font_Size = 20
    # Replace with your desired size
    Having Sage's features built-in has been suggested in the issue tracker, but I think there's no official reply so far. One I personally would love to have is spam reduction (since I already know the ToEF's air is extremely hot and the crowd in the arena is ecstatic ).
    "And light there be!"

I believe it was mentioned in a recent interview that this will be possible in the near future, but it likely won't be available until NotEye integration is complete.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.