Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Public ADOM servers (SSH-accessible)

Quote Originally Posted by goldaryn View Post
    Is anyone else getting a glitch with the F-keys? F1, F6 and F7 are working, but the others are just sending ' ' or similar.
    I think that was a problem of prerelease 5 under Linux.
    "And light there be!"

Same here, no Linux though.
    My band: http://messerschmitt-speed.com
    ... for those old school Heavy Metal maniacs among you
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My youtube-profile: http://www.youtube.com/GordonOverkillManiac
    ... with lots of ADOM videos, including several complete successful play-throughs and tutorials for beginners

I had the same problem in pre 16 win8, had to add them to the adom.kbd in the end.

Will it benefit anybody if I post the keybindings here?

Edit - I don't know whether they'll be different from computer to computer. So, I'll rather explain how I got mine.

Start adom, press n to rename the PC, press F2, there you have the keybinding for F2.

Edit again - Actually, I just checked that doesn't work for pre 5.

Edit once again - So, for 'very aggressive' I have \M[12~ and for 'aggressive' \M[13~ et cetera. Maybe they work for some.
    Last edited by Stingray1; 10-22-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1 View Post
    Will it benefit anybody if I post the keybindings here?

Edit - I don't know whether they'll be different from computer to computer. So, I'll rather explain how I got mine.

Start adom, press n to rename the PC, press F2, there you have the keybinding for F2.

Edit again - Actually, I just checked that doesn't work for pre 5.

Edit once again - So, for 'very aggressive' I have \M[12~ and for 'aggressive' \M[13~ et cetera. Maybe they work for some.
    Unfortunately I can't get this to work on the server.

What does work however is to change mode to SCO and add the following to adom.kbd. (F1 doesn't work so I use backtick.)

`
    \M[N
    \M[O
    \M[P
    \M[Q
    \M[R
    \M[S

I see you're playing P5, so it's probably this bug.
    You could also switch to using T then +/-.
    ADOM, where the most commonly used letter in the alphabet is the explosive rune. - starfries

what is the advantage of playing on a public server? do you track scores? this game will run on anything.

Additional mods, easily play multiple version, community, power outages don't affect you.
    I track scores, though only started recently and it's not perfect.
    ADOM, where the most commonly used letter in the alphabet is the explosive rune. - starfries

I have just deployed (the free) pre19 to the two servers. Notable additions beyond p19 are a roller and autosaver for p18 (yes, eighteen), thanks to the esteemed member asdfzzz. Please report how they work!
    Last edited by Alucard; 12-02-2013 at 01:05 PM.

Thanks alot, Alucard :-) Already started a game on the European server and got my but kicked by Kranach x-)
    My band: http://messerschmitt-speed.com
    ... for those old school Heavy Metal maniacs among you
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My youtube-profile: http://www.youtube.com/GordonOverkillManiac
    ... with lots of ADOM videos, including several complete successful play-throughs and tutorials for beginners