Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Public ADOM servers (SSH-accessible)

Default Public ADOM servers (SSH-accessible)

Now closed down. Thank you!

US: ancardia.us.to
    EU: ancardia.uk.to

To play: SSH in with username adom and password adom, follow the prompts to create a new account, then SSH in as your new user. The full readme is at http://ancardia.us.to/ .

Windows users can use PuTTY to SSH. Please, see the README section about configuring PuTTY optimally. Mac users need to check "Use bright colors for bold text".

The server includes most versions of ADOM, social features like spectating, and game mods like ADOM Sage. It can be accessed from anywhere with an Internet connection, and it doesn't matter if your Internet or battery run out.

The code for running your own server is on GitHub. The INSTALL is long, but it's easy.

18-Jan-2013: I got four months of an EU VPS for free, so I've set up ancardia.uk.to. This server is actually in Amsterdam, NL but .nl.to wasn't a choice and I wanted symmetry. The accounts and hi scores are separate. The code base is also slightly better (one day I will switch the US server). The provider is selling VPS's very cheaply, so I'm not sure how it will keep up with demand, reliability, support, or price, but it seems good so far. Once my free months are up, if the VPS is deemed sufficient, I'll switch the US server to the NY datacenter from this new provider and end up saving ~$3/mo even while running two servers.
    13-Apr-2013: The US server moved to New York. DNS changes have been made but you may encounter some delay picking up the change. The new IP is 198.211.110.96.
    Last edited by Alucard; 06-09-2018 at 04:13 AM.
    ADOM, where the most commonly used letter in the alphabet is the explosive rune. - starfries

Thanks for creating the EU server, it's going to be very useful for European players like me. I can play without noticeable lag at all!

With the next pre-release (11) the names of some configuration/data files will change (see feature 1159 for more information). This early announcement hopefully will give you enough time to update the server scripts.
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa

Sage & the server files have been updated for P11. It's deployed to the UK server. US server to come later.

There are some additions to Sage in this build, over the usual starsign support. Specifically, message :replace-ment and :regex matching. See Sage's README.
    ADOM, where the most commonly used letter in the alphabet is the explosive rune. - starfries

Has the UK server been stable and snappy for you guys? Have you had any connection problems?

It looks like it's been stable since it was set up, but I don't actively use it. If that's true, and as I've had no problems with the provider, I'm going to move the US server to the same provider to save $5-$7/mo, sometime early April. This will move the US server from Texas to New York City-ish, though.

The UK server is great and much faster than the other one for me. Thanks.

I've played quite a lot of games on it, and yes, it's very stable and fast when connecting from Spain.

I am moving the US server to New York this Saturday morning. Please log out Friday night.

LL#8334690
    Last edited by Alucard; 04-12-2013 at 11:57 PM.

I've deployed stat collection and display:

http://ancardia.us.to/stats.pl
    http://ancardia.uk.to/stats.pl

It'll pick up any flgs you still have in your homedir on the server once you start and quit ADOM.
    And all flgs will be in the 'flgs' directory in your homedir now.

PS. Someone want to code auto-save and stat roller for versions other than 1.1.1?
    Last edited by Alucard; 10-17-2013 at 03:32 AM.

Is anyone else getting a glitch with the F-keys? F1, F6 and F7 are working, but the others are just sending ' ' or similar. Really odd. Using xterm R6.