Thread: Torchuse and superdummies

Default Torchuse and superdummies

I descended in the first cavern and took a torch in my left hand, but it did not seem to make any difference - with the exception of loosing 2 rounds to take up my shield again when a bat came.
    Anyone knows why you need torches?
    Is there a manual describing these very simple things? For instance also it took me 15 minutes to figure out I had to take that torch in my hand, but had to drop first the shield and especially to figure out how to do this.

I would be interested in finding a manual not for beginners, not even for dummies, but for super-dummies

Put the torch in your item slot and press the 'u' key.

hey, very helpful!

That's exactly what I mean. Where do I find superdummie help, so I don't have to bother anyone with those really stupid questions - and I have a lot of them! For instance how to manage and use all the equipment in all of the slots in the inventory.

Adom has a very steep learning curve, I don't think there's any superdummies' guide out there.
    The closest would be IGB but it still assumes you have the basics covered.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Maybe watch Silfir's videos? It contains a lot of spoilers, and he doesn't explicitly explain which commands to use, but it may be helpful. See here: http://www.adom.de/forums/showthread...38-ADOM-Videos
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Also feel free to spam here with questions, we won't bite
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

There's also the FAQ at http://www.adomgb.info/adomfaq.html

It's somewhat outdated, but most of the information is still relevant and accurate. (And it covers selling things and using torches, amongst other things.)

Watched the 2 first video's. Pick-ups and exchange of items went very fast, but gave me some idea about management. The videos did give a good idea how everything works, so thank for this help Grey.

thank you also to rho. I had a glance at the adomfaq, and wow, someone did a great job there!