Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Selling?

Specialized shops only buy the kind of item they sell, so Munxip will only buy food. You can get gold by killing monsters, as in most RPGs, and most of their corpses are surprisingly tasty (just stay off kobolds and rabig dogs). Large and iron rations are a pretty common item too. The Infinite Dungeon, a tiny distorted cave in the southeast part of the map, is a low-danger zone where you can get items, money and experience levels. Just don't dive too deep. Or you can take the puppy and/or carpenter quests and explore their first levels, which might be a better idea since they're closer to Terinyo and time passes much more quickly when you travel through the wilderness (i.e. hence you get hungrier soon).
    "And light there be!"

yes, unspoiled and innocent. NPC=non-person-character?? is that a goblin skeleton or similar? anyway, thanks for the tip

Quote Originally Posted by Jered View Post
    NPC=non-person-character?? is that a goblin skeleton or similar?
    Non-Player Character. Usually the term is used to refer to any monster who is (usually) peaceful and has some significance to the game or a quest, as opposed to those who are there just for you to kill.
    "And light there be!"

In addition to the manual, may I suggest the ADOM FAQ (contains some color-coded spoilers): http://www.adomgb.info/adomfaq.html
    Playing since gamma 10, when necklaces looked like &s. Lithium man. Brass + Lithium. OCG. Illiterate barb. One race and one class to go.

Quote Originally Posted by cromat View Post
    Wow, unspoiled player
    I think, it's also worth mentioning that prices in shops are generally not too good.
    Especially in bandit village shop, unless you become a member of thieves' guild.
    I'm going to win with Dark Elves of all classes.
    Mindcrafter, Necromancer, Beastfighter, ULE Archer, UNE Barbarian done.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    I think, it's also worth mentioning that prices in shops are generally not too good.
    Especially in bandit village shop, unless you become a member of thieves' guild.
    Though you can 'a'pply your Haggling skill towards the shopkeepker to get much better prices. Every PC has the Haggling ability.

Quote Originally Posted by IGB View Post
    Though you can 'a'pply your Haggling skill towards the shopkeepker to get much better prices. Every PC has the Haggling ability.
    Not recommended unless your skill is pretty good... if you fail at haggling the shopkeeper will raise the prices.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.