Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sick

Default sick

My PC stays sick.

Spells don't work. The Healer tries to kill me. At the Altar no help. I am strained. Prayr doesn't help. Cannot go any deeper than level 4 because I cannot take enough food with me. I am staying sick and there seems to be no cure. I am in a vicious circle going up and down level 4 all the time.

No word about getting sick neither in the Adom Guidebook nor in the Adom FAQ.

Suggestions?

regards
    Jered

Spells don't work? The healer is trying to kill you?

I'm not entirely sure what's going on. Here are some guesses: Are you playing a chaos knight? Are you wearing worm-ridden armor?
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

My only suggestion would be to not anger Jarod (the Healer) next time :P

Sickness will wear off eventually, but there is frequently one last bout of fever that finishes off the weakened PC.

Potions of healing can cure you of sickness if you have any. When blessed they cure 100% of times I think.

http://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/Status_conditions

Maybe you want to check this.

Cheers!
    Last edited by quik; 02-02-2013 at 01:49 PM. Reason: chek typo
    1 ULE, 1 UNE, 18 regular endings. Won with every race. Trying to win with every class. Never won with farmer, merchant, mindcrafter and thief.

Strained means you are carrying too much for an inexperienced player. Drop all sorts of heavy stuff you don't need. Don't eat kobolds.
    When you go to teryino and buy food, eat it all until you are bloated then try to get your encumbrance to burdened or less.

And when your sickness is done, your strength will return to normal also.

@Silfir
    No, what happened is that I was fighting a rat and was poisoned. Then immediately afterwards Jarod was standing between me and a few monsters hiding behind him, so I threw rocks at those monsters behind him and killed them, but that must somehow have angered Jarod, which I only saw after Jarod had given me a few blows first.

@Joe. I do not understand your code: '100&#37'

@Quik. I looked at the link you mentioned. That site is extremely useful: very well sorted and arranged. I will be using that site very often.

@Mobius. The strained condition apparantly has to do with the fact that my pc is sick. Because it is sick it's carrying capacity is reduced by 250 stones.

So guess I'll just have to hope to survive. The only hope I have is that the sickness wares off at a given moment, without the final poison burst killing me. Or that I find some scroll-thing or potion (sadly I still cannot identify those - on the altar, it only says, normal, blessed or cursed).

Jered

Quote Originally Posted by Jered View Post
    @Silfir
    No, what happened is that I was fighting a rat and was poisoned. Then immediately afterwards Jarod was standing between me and a few monsters hiding behind him, so I threw rocks at those monsters behind him and killed them, but that must somehow have angered Jarod, which I only saw after Jarod had given me a few blows first.
    What a touchy fellow. If you throw rocks at monsters standing behind him and they hit him in their way, it's hardly your fault! You didn't mean to harm the guy

@Joe. I do not understand your code: '100&#37'
    The forum sometimes randomly screws up percent signs. That gibberish is supposed to be one.
    "And light there be!"

After playing around, I find that the first percent in the post comes up funny.

this fails: 100%
    this works: 99%
    test the third: 20%
    Or at least did at one point in time.

Code:
    this fails: 100%
    this works: 99%
    Last edited by Mobius; 02-02-2013 at 06:01 PM. Reason: trian and error

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    eat it all until you are bloated then try to get your encumbrance to burdened or less
    Being bloated gives -3 DV, -10 Speed and -2 toHit, so I'm sorry but I don't think it's a good think to recommend to a beginner. A beginner should play without being burdened, strained, satiated or bloated.
    1 ULE, 1 UNE, 18 regular endings. Won with every race. Trying to win with every class. Never won with farmer, merchant, mindcrafter and thief.