Thread: Zork the orc wizard

Default Zork the orc wizard

I just trashed an ultra!

Zork had an inauspicious beginning--an orc wizard with Le 8 and Ma 10. But one of his spellbooks was Acid Ball, so I decided to go for it and see where it led.
    Some highlights:

Found sickle of hunting in SMC, which survived for the whole game.
    Converted to N early.
    Eating Keethrax always helps!
    Thrundarr wanted a vapor rate for first quest. I cleared all available dungeons outside the CoC, but still didn't find one until I reached the Air Temple. However...
    The Tomb of the High Kings had a ring shop on level 1, with a ring of djinni summoning for sale (about 10k gp)! Used it for AoLS and saved Khelevaster.
    Khelly gives me the usual stuff, and... an eternium dagger of devastation (+2, 6d4+12). That becomes my main weapon for nearly the rest of the game.
    Next stop was the Rift and the Library. In the rift, a goblin (!) dropped a WAND OF WISHING (5)! Wished for 7LB right away, only got one pair. Also
    wished for fireproof blankets, cause I hadn't found any yet.
    Did a lot of gravedigging in Griffyard, found another ring of djinni summoning.
    Cleared water and air temples, ate the Master Summoner for Le+4, Ma+5, and three corruptions. A pretty good trade, if you ask me.
    Found giant boar skull on first try.
    Satisfied ratling, wished for scrolls of danger to satisfy crone.
    Cleared down to D47, found one greater vault (giants) which yielded Far Slayer.
    Surge of power in the Mana Temple branch got me Boots of the Divine Messenger.
    Killed Keriax on day 90 with dragon slaying ammo, of which I had plenty.
    Blue Dragon Caves yielded Purifier, which I never used, and an amusing item: beautiful clothes of hate [+3,0]. Don't hate me because I'm beautiful! I wore it for Filk.
    Cleared quickling tree but only got 2 lord corpses so totally not worth it without food preservation.
    Accidently drained my wand of wishing with mana battery, losing 2 charges, then purified myself with Unicorn Quest. I still had one wish in reserve on a ring.
    Ancient Karmic Wyrm brought me to L42. Wrenched wand of wishing for another AKW, to bring me to L45.
    Did Filk, Emperor Moloch (found Wyrmlance in the caves), and acquired ToRR!

And now, the stupid-stupid-stupid death:
    Reached L48, reversed staircase, and suddenly realized I'd forgotten to pick up the Medal and Crown beforehand.
    Decided to go for a regular win and keep the ToRR as an heirloom, then executed myself with a Magic Missile when I wanted to cast Mystic Shovel.

Happy delving!
    Ben

Reached L48, reversed staircase, and suddenly realized I'd forgotten to pick up the Medal and Crown beforehand.
    *a scream of undescribable pain echoes in the thread*