Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: TWL '09 Final: The League of ChAoS!

Hey, sorry, I've had a really busy few days. I'll play tonight (as in, sometime within the next six hours or so) - hopefully that's acceptable.

I'm perfectly fine with that. I hope you can outlast this disease for me. =P

I'm beginning my turn in a second. Though pretty, for the next turn, at least, please don't cover the ground with money. I find it confusing :P

12000: Begin. Kill rats.

12150: Pick up: iron ration, shining necklace, thick girdle, shield, clothes, leather boots, and eat seven giant rat corpses, become satiated.

12200: Not wanting to take the chance of a massive sickness attack, I read a scroll. Thankfully, it's identify (as I'd hoped). I identify potions. We have two potions of healing, amongst other things. I quaff them both - the second one is blessed, and heals my sickness.

Also, go through inventory - reequip our blue gauntlets.

12250: Stand on up stairs, pray until a shadow appears at half health.

12310: Descend to I:11. Drop one of our two identical short bows (we also have a long bow - we're not running out of missile weapons), and I'd rather be nearer 'unburdened'.

12400: A mummy appears. I decide it's a good opportunity to test our silver wand, so I fire it at him. 'You manage to wrench a final charge from the wand! Suddenly it seems to get brighter!.'

12575: Milk a raider for arrows. He drops another short bow, identical to the other two. I drop it. Pick up the arrows (and a mummy wrapping).

12650: Fight a hill orc sergeant, a karmic lizard, outlaw leader, and flesh golem. Lose some HP, Bow skill +1. Get cornered by a slow shadow and a troll, decide to pray for HP. The shadow drops a large ration, which I eat, then decide to get unburdened (we're not doing great for food, it's quite important to lose burdened status). I drop some clothes, ugly clothes, a battleaxe, and a small shield (my rationale being that if we were going to use/experiment with them, we would have done it by now).

12700: Make an attempt to read each of our tomes. Manage to read the old tome. Congratulations, we now know the 'Light' spell. Decide to read it for as many castings as possible to use it up (Light being the one spell that you'd never want to bookcast). I get a 'The magical energies drain your health', but I don't notice any effect. After the spellbook of Light is used up, we're unburdened.

12900: Explore a bit more, kill various enemies. Bows to level 2.

13200: Kick open the door to the stairs down. It's booby-trapped; I lose no items, but I do lose most of our HP. Upon trying to enter, I find myself swinging at an invisible monster. Oh dear. Time to retreat. Shields to level 4. Chaos ensues.

13434: I think I've lost it. On the downstairs, so I descend to I:12. Appear next to a Chaos Plague bearer, manage to kill him without getting too corrupted.

13500: Pray until I feel comfortable. HP at 54 - go exploring. Get blubbery potion.

13650: Kill a crystal statue and a quickling in short order. Find an orc scorcher and a dark orc - I retreat, then circle back around. They're somewhere toward the south/south-west of the level, last I saw them.

13788: Get caught on the stairs down by the dark orc. After 'The trial of the dark orc', I'm wary of these things. Tempted to descend, but... I decide against it. Kill him - he drops a melon, which I eat.

14000: End turn. There's a fire lizard and a large kobold in the half-explored room to the left. There's a ghul to your north-west (in LOS). Good luck. Also, you're burdened again, but not by much.

http://ancardia.ath.cx/adom_users/league1/columbo.vlg

Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                     Screenshot

#########     #######
       #.......#     #.....#
       #.>.....##### #.....#                         #######   #############
       #...........# #.....#                         #.....#   #...........#
       ###########.###.....#######################   #.....#   #...........#
                 #.../...........................#   #.....#   #...........#
            ##########+#########################.#####.....#####...........#
            .....+...z.............................../...../.../...........#
            .....#####/#################################/#####.#############
             ....    #...........#                     #.#   #.......#
             ....    #...@...###.#######################.###########/###########
              ...    #.......# #.........................../............*/.....#
                #    ######### #############################.........#####.<...#
                                                           #.........#   #.....#
                                                           #.........#   #######
                                                           #.........#
                                                           ###########

Columbo       St:20  Le:11  Wi:15  Dx:14  To:14  Ch:15  Ap:14  Ma:16  Pe:10 N=
    DV/PV: 47/9    H: 72(83)      P: 45(45)      Exp: 10/33263      I12   M: 14000
    Burdened Coward

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Character Information

Columbo    St:20  Le:11  Wi:15  Dx:14  To:14  Ch:15  Ap:14  Ma:16  Pe:10  N=
    DV/PV: 47/9   H: 72(83)   P: 45(45)   Exp: 10/33263   M: 14000
    Last edited by Covenant; 06-21-2009 at 01:41 AM.

14000: drop massive pile of junk, switch to thick gauntlets, kill ghul and scorcher, drop book and go to investigate fire lizard
    14036: kill mummy, cast light a few times to work concentration (really should've kept the book)
    14060: kill fire lizard, rocks level 5; wererat summons, get scroll YNORI ERUP, 2nd blubbery potion
    14155: kill and eat jackal
    14199: kill dark orc; level 11 -> athletics, dodge, food pres (note that this is now close to 60)
    14233: get another scroll
    14280: kill another fire lizard, caveman, cast some more light
    14377: kill homonculus, get corpse... contemplating eating but hold onto instead
    14699: kill lots more dudes, eat gnoll, get another scroll
    14839: spider factory, wahoo; get a kobold corpse :/
    14904: was not factory, just 2 of the same kind of spider
    15002: kill another bunch of rats, get a corpse... starting to see minor uberjackal effects
    15009: +1 mana
    15197: kill and eat displacer beast
    15391: kill troll, polearms level 7
    15607: shields level 5, kill and eat rockthrower
    15781: descend
    15852: get spear and ID scroll, locate stairs, get charred tome locate big group of tarantulas
    16002: kill 6 tarantulas, one of them gets poison through

Summary: +1 level, +1 polearms/shields/rocks, +1 spellbook, +1 mana, bunch of scrolls, same amt. of food

Code:
    ########### #########
           #......./.# #.......#                                         .
           #....<..#.###.......#########################################...
           #.......#.../.>...../..............@.S............*....*....*...
           #############.......#######################################.####
                       #.......#                                      .#
                       #########                                      .#
                                                                      .#
                                                                      +

Columbo       St:20  Le:11  Wi:15  Dx:14  To:14  Ch:15  Ap:14  Ma:17  Pe:10 N=
    DV/PV: 52/10   H: 80(91)      P: 47(47)      Exp: 11/40735      I13   M: 16002
    Poisoned Coward

Light:    26,   4pp     (Effectivity: +5)

Inventory
    Total weight: 1616 stones                Carrying capacity: 2250 stones

Head          : metal cap [+0, +1]                                    [50s]
    Neck          : bone amulet                                            [3s]
    Body          : chain mail (-1, -3) [-3, +5]                         [400s]
    Girdle        : cursed leather girdle [-2, +0]                         [5s]
    Cloak         : -
    Right Hand    : orcish spear (+1, 1d8+2)                              [75s]
    Left Hand     : large mithril shield (-1) [+7, +2]                    [96s]
    Right Ring    : -
    Left Ring     : -
    Bracers       : -
    Gauntlets     : thick gauntlets (-1, -2) [+1, +1]                     [15s]
    Boots         : iron boots [-1, +1]                                  [120s]
    Missile weapon: -
    Missiles      : rock (+0, 1d4)                                         [5s]
    Tool          : holy symbol                                            [5s]

shining necklace                                                    [2s]
    // forgot to equip this - possibly rapid healing
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hmm, okay, guess it's time for me to figure out how to put this on the server...

Edit: I think I got it sorted... Cheers for your help, Epythic.
    Last edited by Grey; 06-21-2009 at 03:35 AM.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Edit: I think I got it sorted... Cheers for your help, Epythic.
    Glad I could help

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    16002: kill 6 tarantulas, one of them gets poison through
    When exactly did you get poisoned? Because if it was on or after 16000, you should get disqualified right now
    (No, really, just kidding, DQ would be too harsh, but be careful next time.)

Btw, next player is meh.
    Of course it's unfair - that's the whole point.

The Adom wiki: everything you don't want to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/

I'll play in a couple of minutes.

16016 Kill one tarantula. Our blue gauntlets seem to add a lot of DV, so I'm wearing them.
    16298 After killing all the tarantulas, I find a new spellbook and try to read all three. One is slow poison and anoth explodes, destroying our cursed girdle and some other stuff. I equip a girdle of carrying that is not cursed.
    16410 Kill a bunch of brown worms.
    16770 I run into a lot of trouble with a revenant and have to pray. Only afterwards do I remember that it's an undead and I could have just turned him away. I reach the downstairs and pray while waiting to heal.
    16781 The revenant enters the room and I go down to I14.
    16807 Find and wear elven chain mail.
    17677 After another revenant appears, I evade for quite some time. A lightning vortex takes me down to 22HP, but I then use chaos rats as meat shields. Eventually I have to descend again.
    17809 A wererat only summons regular rats, so no edible corpses. A fire drake's breath takes the HP back down to the 30s.
    17883 A fire vortex takes it down to 10.
    18000 I spend the rest of the turn praying. We are still uncomfortable.

I have no knowledge of the rest of the level. I did not attempt opening the closed door.

Code:
                                     Screenshot

###########
                                                 #.........#
               #############################   ###......<..#
               #......./...............^...#   #.&#37;.^.......#
             ###.......###################.#####.###########
             +.................@........$........#
             ###.......###################.#######
               #.......#               .......
               #.......#               ###.###
               #.......#                 #..
               #########                 ###

Columbo       St:20  Le:11  Wi:15  Dx:14  To:14  Ch:15  Ap:14  Ma:17  Pe:10 N=
    DV/PV: 66/9    H: 20(91)      P: 47(47)      Exp: 11/52032      I15   M: 18000
    Coward
    Last edited by meh; 06-21-2009 at 04:04 PM.

Wow, sounds like a tough round... I'll play in a few hours.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer

Tough, but rewarding; that elven chainmail and the replacement of that cursed girdle with carrying should help quite a bit.

Though the Chaos Gate opens after Grey's turn, so doubtless someone will darken the whole level then doom us for the lulz

Yes, things will start to get very interesting soon. Will be taking my turn in about 30 minutes on the server. I really hope I don't die now :P

Edit: Starting up now...
    Last edited by Grey; 06-22-2009 at 04:32 AM.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer