Thread: 2 for 1 bonus special!

Default 2 for 1 bonus special!

For some reason, my deaths tend not to be stupidity on the part of the RNG, but rather my own. I have yet to determine if this is good or bad.

1. New discovery for me: Mobs don't need to be right beside the altar to sacrifice me when I'm on top of it. I think I should stop standing on the altar to lead them atop it.

2. I found an agate ring! I put it on and... Autocursing! I haven't a way to identify it, so I look up what it might be with the list of autocursing rings. I settle on that it must be a Ring of Doom, since a Ring of Weakness wouldn't leave me with a strength of 26. Really, it has to be, there's no way the game would give me something nice that I was looking for, such as a way of crossing water. I decided to test out if it was a Ring of the Fish by leaping into an underground river. Sure enough, I died after crossing two tiles, and was certain that it wasn't a Ring of the Fish.

Well now, imagine my surprise when I find that it was actually a Ring of the Fish. Odd how the game was acting as though I were Doomed. I suppose the placebo effect applies here?
    Last edited by ub3rman123; 02-17-2013 at 03:28 AM.

A cursed Ring of Fish only applies its effect sometimes. As in 'very rarely'

Ah, I see that makes more sense. I was under the impression that a cursed item just meant you couldn't unequip it, while cursed scrolls and such had negative effects.

I've gotten a ring of the fish with a few wizard characters. cursed every time.

its auto cursing

next fish ring I get, I'll just take it to the black market. it's only good to me as gold when sold, and no other way

I think rings of the fish are autocursing because the effect they have when blessed is very good for such a mundane item.
    "And light there be!"

Quote Originally Posted by anon123 View Post
    I think rings of the fish are autocursing because the effect they have when blessed is very good for such a mundane item.
    It's so you don't just swap them in when you need it. Once you uncurse / bless it, you have to leave it on until the next time you need it.