Thread: How do I use the new races?

Default How do I use the new races?

Or are they not available in the free version yet?

It's been forever since I last played. I hope I'm still in the Monster Memory.

I was curious to check out the Ratling, but when I downloaded and ran the latest version 1.2.0 pre5, I didn't see the Ratling or Mist Elf on the race list.

Hi there! Ratlings and mist elves were implemented in prerelease 7 so they are available in the current closed prerelease (p11). Prerelease five includes mostly bugfixes, new corruptions and a few feature changes. The feature changes have been coming in pretty heavy starting with p6 and include two more classes too. You can join the closed prerelease program: have a look at this post on the official blog.
    Playing since gamma 10, when necklaces looked like &s. Lithium man. Brass + Lithium. OCG. Illiterate barb. One race and one class to go.

Ah, okay. I was reading through the changelog stuff, but there's a ton of stuff in there. Wasn't sure just what I had access to yet.

I am looking at donating. I would have had I known of the Indigogo thing at the time.
    Guess it's too late to get any of the other goodies that were part of the campaign. Would have loved to get a special monster made.

Guess I have to be satisfied with my Monster Memory entry.
    Wonder if I can get that updated?

Maybe you can. Get in touch with Thomas. If you're in the monster memory chances are he remembers you

From a closed prerelease insider, I can't recommend trying out the new versions enough. Worth every single one of my 5000 pennies. Duelists and chaos knights are loads of fun and I'm looking forward to seeing my magical statue in the game in the following versions The special monsters were implemented in p9.
    Playing since gamma 10, when necklaces looked like &s. Lithium man. Brass + Lithium. OCG. Illiterate barb. One race and one class to go.

Adam Taylor: I once read an article by you where your computer puts you inside an ADOM game and you have to win to return to real life. It was very nice
    "And light there be!"

Adam the Immortal Gamer.

I miss writing those.
    Glad you liked it.