Thread: all the exciting features yet to come!

Default all the exciting features yet to come!

I was just salivating over the list of features to come in the http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/re...om-development list.
    What are you most eager to find?

I'm interested in the new quests, and the added mysteries found there.

Besides, we're supposed to consult with TB about the new quests, so let's mull.

When the crowdfunding campaign finished, I was really looking forward to seeing how chaos knights would play, since their motivations were so different than other classes'. Now that we have a ton of spoilers about them, I'm most curious about the new quests, too.
    "And light there be!"

Quote Originally Posted by anon123 View Post
    When the crowdfunding campaign finished, I was really looking forward to seeing how chaos knights would play, since their motivations were so different than other classes'. Now that we have a ton of spoilers about them, I'm most curious about the new quests, too.
    I haven't yet rolled a CK or read any Spoilers, lucky me.

I am super excited about the future.

Someone did start a thread back then re. quests, maybe we should dig it up?

I found it: http://www.adom.de/forums/showthread...k-about-quests
    Last edited by Stingray1; 02-26-2013 at 09:34 PM.
    Learn to learn.

Definitely Rolf and the Volcano that I'm most excited about.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

I just hope the new quests don't end up like the minotaur maze.

The truth about the Weird Tome, and the Volcano. I'm hoping for rivers or pools of lava that expand every X turns. Random earthquakes closing off escape routes. Stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzerkidSix View Post
    I'm hoping for rivers or pools of lava that expand every X turns. Random earthquakes closing off escape routes. Stuff like that.
    Wow, that would be crazy. Cool and dangerous. As cool as it sounds though, random earthquakes cutting off escapes routes sound like a recipe for grindy frustration. Unless hammerhead was a guaranteed artifact somewhere (which in the world of adom is probably something that would 'break' the game in some way).

Could be good though: Once into the Volcano a Greater Earth Elemental shakes down the walls creating an eternium/white/diamond ### barrier. The elemental sits atop the entrance waiting for the pressure to build and Volcano explode once again. At the bottom of the Volcano, its rumored a Dwarf, now famous, once died creating a pickaxe strong enough to pass through walls of eternium and diamond - the only way to know if he was successful is to go deep into the Volcano and seek it out. But Artifacts attract power and the Volcano only has the strong within it, it's a terrifying notion to think what has collected around an artifact of such power.

Clearly, the monsters should be guarding other things because if it's only hammerhead no one in their right mind would risk it in a standard game.

I really like the idea of a Volcano because I'm hoping it has enemies that I have only ever seen by using scrolls of familiar summoning in DH (and I've competed the game twice): Greater Earth Elementals and Greater Fire Elementals. Maybe a couple Titans and Greater Titans even though they don't fit the theme as well.

I think it's a hard balance - to create a place with powerful monsters and to not make it completely irrelevant to the game itself because you could just win by that point.