Thread: Back after a long hiatus

Default Back after a long hiatus

I played ADOM years ago (2005-2006) and must have spent 100s of hours on this masterpiece of a game. I periodically checked the official website every few months but must have been slacking lately, as I checked yesterday and was dumbfounded by whats been going on lately! I was hoping if someone can help with the following:
    1. I missed the chance to donate officially - is there a way I can do so now?
    2. My brother and i both got our intro to roguelikes by Ragnarok/Valhalla and loved it. I showed him ADOM and it he couldn't get past the ASCII format; is there any kind of ETA on when the tilesets will be ready? I checked out what has been done so far and it looks great!

Spent a few hours yesterday reading the manual and guidebook and was hit with a wave of nostalgia - can't wait to get back to it!

Welcome back to the chaos!

If you want to donate you still can:

http://www.ancientdomainsofmystery.c...ereleases.html

All it'll get you is access to the pre-release versions though; the other cool rewards from the IndieGoGo campaign are locked out now. The pre-releases are cool though.

As for tiles, I've heard an ETA of around the middle of this year for an early version. But mostly it's a matter of "wait and see", as it depends on a number of different things being set up.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Welcome back!

You will find that even the last public prerelease (pr5) has a lot of changes, the most notorious of which are new corruptions!
    "And light there be!"