11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's a good idea.

3 27.27%
  • No, you're a doofus.

8 72.73%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Number pad alternative

There is already an RFE about this.

I posted in said RFE the following combination. It differs from yours in that b & n are SW & SE rather than n & m; this saves having to rebind use special power.
    Code:
    y   k   u
      \ | /
    h - . - l
      / | \
    b   j   n
    Also from that post:
    Keybindings that have to be changed:
    'u'se tool - rebound to \CU
    'h'andle something - rebound to \Ch
    'k'ick something - rebound to \Ck => requires rebinding of 'toggle (more) prompt' key. I bound it to \C\S, but it doesn't work, so I still have to find a good combination for that.
    examine environment ('l') - rebound to x (makes more sense anyway)
    'n'ame something - rebound to \Cn

and from another post after it turns out the above is broken on non-Windows platforms (because there is no difference between \CU and \Cu). Of course, I myself can't use these keybindings because alt is used as a modifier for my window manager.

'K'ick
    Display 'm'issile, 'w'eapon and 'k'ick statistics are all bound to :\C<quoted key> [yes, this means :<return> displays missile statistics].
    toggle (more) prompt is back at \Ck
    use tool is \Mu (alt-u)
    display experience is \Mx (alt-x)

more at http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=1367
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.

That's kinda what I was looking for, I'd searched the forums a little and not found anything. I'll tinker around with the key bindings and see if there's a combination that works well for me.

Also, in the adom.kbd file, I think it lists \M as being the code for the 'Ctrl' button, when it's actually 'Alt'. Has this been reported?

I reported it a while ago. (as well as the \CU and \Cu being the same on non-Windows platforms)

I actually find the \M thing to be a very weird bug since it was correct in 1.1.1 as I recall (else I'd have had no idea what it was supposed to be!), so I have no idea how that got changed, lol.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.

I'd like to point out that the survey is biased by the fact that the 'no' option is more attractive to click.
    1 ULE, 1 UNE, 18 regular endings. Won with every race. Trying to win with every class. Never won with farmer, merchant, mindcrafter and thief.