Thread: screen size

Hybrid View

Default screen size

Hi Folks...I know that this has probably been covered before, but I was wondering if there are any ways to make the screen bigger? I fear that even if there are solutions, it may be more problematic for me, since I prefer to play the Mac version. I'm playing on a big honking 27 inch thunderbolt display and would like the screen to be a little bigger...Sorry if this is a stupid question or whatever.

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.

As far as I know there are two solutions to your problem:

1) Change the font size to something bigger; you can experiment with different sizes until you find something big enough. To do this, you have to edit a file called either .adom.cfg or adom.cfg (depending on the version you are playing). Follow the instructions within that file to change the font size (you can also change the font type). More information at http://www.ancardia.com/faq.html.

2) Play the DOS version within a DOS emulator like DOSBox. It has a fullscreen option.
    Last edited by aerol; 03-05-2013 at 11:59 PM.
    Playing since gamma 10, when necklaces looked like &s. Lithium man. Brass + Lithium. OCG. Illiterate barb. One race and one class to go.

Quote Originally Posted by aerol View Post
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.

As far as I know there are two solutions to your problem:

1) Change the font size to something bigger; you can experiment with different sizes until you find something big enough. To do this, you have to edit a file called either .adom.cfg or adom.cfg (depending on the version you are playing). Follow the instructions within that file to change the font size (you can also change the font type). More information at http://www.ancardia.com/faq.html.

2) Play the DOS version within a DOS emulator like DOSBox. It has a fullscreen option.
    Thanks for the reply! I went into the Mac config file and didn't see a variable related to font size...Wondering if anyone else had any ideas...

Quote Originally Posted by mr_ocnitsa View Post
    Thanks for the reply! I went into the Mac config file and didn't see a variable related to font size...Wondering if anyone else had any ideas...
    Code:
    #  Only supported on Windows and OSX:
    #  ----------------------------------
    #    Font_Name           [string]
    #    Font_Size           [number]
    So if you want, for example, size 20 Fixedsys, you have to add

Font_Name = Fixedsys
    Font_Size = 20
    Last edited by aerol; 03-06-2013 at 02:51 AM.
    Playing since gamma 10, when necklaces looked like &s. Lithium man. Brass + Lithium. OCG. Illiterate barb. One race and one class to go.

Like aerol said: you need to add the Font_Name and Font_Size items.
    From a previous thread, here's some fonts I recommend for ADOM:
    Terminus, Anonymous, Envy Code R, Source Code Pro, and Inconsolata
    If you want to use Fixedsys on a Mac, there's Fixedsys Excelsior.

Quote Originally Posted by aerol View Post
    Code:
    #  Only supported on Windows and OSX:
    #  ----------------------------------
    #    Font_Name           [string]
    #    Font_Size           [number]
    So if you want, for example, size 20 Fixedsys, you have to add

Font_Name = Fixedsys
    Font_Size = 20
    Thanks! It works...The font variables were not listed in the cfg file....but I typed it in like you said and it worked great.

I have to say that ascii looks AWESOME in a huge font on a 27 inch screen. The details are amazing. So much better with a discrete video card. (the last stuff was just a joke, folks)

Quote Originally Posted by mr_ocnitsa View Post
    Thanks! It works...The font variables were not listed in the cfg file....but I typed it in like you said and it worked great.
    Weird. You might've had a leftover adom.cfg from a previous installation.