Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best found ego items [spoily]

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrnyx View Post
    Small Cave. Adamantium Halberd of Penetration. Died 3 steps latter to 2x my level blink dogs. Worst best beginning ever.
    Summoners in the SMC are very dangerous. One of those things in the game that makes you go "oh no no no NO NO NO!".

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrobotmoonzombie View Post
    oh also found a normal twohander of devastation with a ranger in the smc, first door *BOOM!* you can guess the only item that got destroyed...
    I once had a similar experience, except that the door trap fried my character instead of the weapon.
    "And light there be!"

I'd assume that murderous weapons of penetration/devastation are only generated for beastfighters.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by anon123 View Post
    Summoners in the SMC are very dangerous. One of those things in the game that makes you go "oh no no no NO NO NO!".
    Yeah, this was early in my ADOM playing so I was less careful about killing monsters in the SMC. I was rushing the downstairs... I could see it... two steps... blinkdog blinks in front of me. Oh no. Kill it. Not fast enough. Summons. Death. Wererats in the small cave have killed a stupid amount of my characters.

On a brighter note the second time I won is because I found a regular eternium two-hander on a Monk in the SMC so I forgive for its slaying tendencies.

regards summoning creatures: once in the smc with a promising char, open a door and its a vault of hyenas? NOPE blink dogs. 20+ blinkies that summon more blinkies.. died 2 steps from the stairs after killing around 40 of them
    All Races as Barbarians.

Is a brutal/murderous eternium 2hs of penetration possible, in theory?
    You don't have to be taught all that much; you just need to acquire more cautiousness, an almost healthy amount of sheer paranoia, and a more fine-tuned "OH SHIT RUN!" reflex. ~Silfir

I think every suffix and prefix combination is possible, in theory. Even things like ashen weapons of the sun, which is something I plan on reporting.

houeland has laundry lists of wished-for weapons. A few brutal and murderous -foo-s of penetration are within:

Code:
             1 brutal dagger of penetration (+0, 2d4+3)
             1 brutal dagger of penetration (+0, 2d4)
             1 brutal quarterstaff of penetration (+0, 2d10)
             5 murderous eternium spears of penetration (+2, 2d8+8)
             1 murderous dagger of penetration (+1, 1d4)
             1 murderous dagger of penetration (+0, 1d4)
             1 murderous quarterstaff of penetration (+0, 1d10)
    "And light there be!"

You can't wish for those items, right? Are the ego's added post wish? Curious because I'm fairly sure I've never wished for a weapon.

I find it pretty remarkable that any items good are generated with both. With only a 1 and 1/3 chance at level 50 and lower below that... Then again I've probably picked up about a billion weapons in Adom and passed up at least that many so... guess it's not that remarkable.
    Last edited by Tyrnyx; 03-14-2013 at 04:39 AM.
    Completed: All Races, All Classes. Twice.
    Fastest Run: Dwarf Mindcrafter - 34803 turns. No wand of tele.
    Challenge Games: C- CK (stupid ending), Platinum Girdle x10, Westside Story, Team Teleport - illiterate troll barb, Scroll of Omnipotence obtained
    ULE - DE Archer

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrnyx View Post
    You can't wish for those items, right?
    Correct; at most, you can only wish for the base item and hope it has the pre/suffixes you want.
    "And light there be!"

Speaking of murderous two handers, one of my latest chaos knights had crowned with Grod and believed he was set as far as weapons went for the rest of the game ("Grod is good" - Gordon Drakeling), when he found the following beauty in Darkforge:

murderous eternium two-handed sword of mayhem (+18, 8d5+24) [-1, +0]
    He then went on to have it destroyed by his god in what can only be described as a horribly bungled up way to solve a religious mistake. That clearly threw me off, because he got himself killed not too long after by the dwarven trainer in a battle for Dwarftown, even though he still wielded Grod.

To tell the whole story: I made the mistake of sacrificing at the Dwarftown altar forgetting the altar was neutral, getting my inventory cursed, including my girdle of carrying, which rendered me unable to move because of the weight of my pack. Instead of collecting my bearings and realizing that there were a few ways out of the situation (1. dropping some stuff, 2. just converting the altar and dealing with the priest after dealing with the girdle problem, as getting rid of the dwarves was up on my list in the near future anyway), I panicked and thought my only way out was getting Andy to dust my equipment with repeated prayers, which he did. Thus ended the life of the murderous eternium two hander of mayhem. We hardly knew ye.
    Playing since gamma 10, when necklaces looked like &s. Lithium man. Brass + Lithium. OCG. Illiterate barb. One race and one class to go.

Murderous is not as good as it sounds. It only adds a very small bonus to crit rate (I don't remember the exact percentage but I tested it and was really disappointed).

The prefix I like best is Weeping. Makes monsters bleed and triggers very often.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.