Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best found ego items [spoily]

Weeping is amazing. A simple weeping orcish spear can slay stone giant lords and such in a couple of turns.

My recent best ego item(s) was a stack of 17 penetrating eternium quarrels of slaying...

...dug up on Griffyard by a duelist.

Also my recently deceased archer had a nice mithril short sword of devastation that made swords of sharpness look like shaving utensils.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

I read somewhere that murderous only affects the base chance for critical hits, which is around 5%. If it doubled the effective chance, including Find Weakness, +Crit from weapons, class powers and such, it'd be fantastic; a murderous eternium two-handed sword of penetration would be brutal.

Weeping is very good, as is poisonous. Poking monsters and getting experience from them collapsing on the floor is awesome
    "And light there be!"

Crystal plate mail of life (in Darkforge). That was pretty good armour!

Weeping is also amazing because it often makes really powerful monsters panic, flee and eventually collapse somewhere on the level, with you getting all the exp points. I had ACW panic like that and bleed to death ~10 turns later. I admit it was already critically wounded but still

That's ten turns where it's dying and not kicking the crap out of you with blind rage melee attacks and energy bolts, so yeah! Sounds good to me.

Found the following beauty looking through old FLGs:

RH: blessed weeping eternium two-handed sword of slaughtering (+18, 7d7+21) [-1, +0]

Of course, said wielder went on to screw up and get killed by Kherab...
    Playing since gamma 10, when necklaces looked like &s. Lithium man. Brass + Lithium. OCG. Illiterate barb. One race and one class to go.

A long time ago: perhaps it wasn't a straightforward 'find' and rather a result of hundreds of automated archmage wishes but I finally got a wicked eternium spear of devastation. Fun stuff.
    A ring of mental stability [+3. +4] {Le+3} was quite nice as well, a recent find on a mindcrafter in UD.

My best armor was on a weaponsmith who got an early wish, I wished for eternium full plate and got eternium full plate of life along with 2 other normal ones which I sold.

Maybe not the best weapon, but definately one of my favorites was on a recent bard who used quarterstaffs. It was an eternium quarterstaff of the sun. I called it lich slayer and used it to play whack-a-lich in both graveyards XD

Eternium 2h of devastation on a monk is probably the best one, he even had a spare one ... found this a few times on other chars too but so good on monk.
    Found one eternium 2h spear of devastation, those dmg dice ....

D50 chaos warriors tend to drop good ego 1h swords but thats a bit late ....

As for early I've gotten hatchet of mayhem (possibly also of devastation) dropped by yrrigs.

Armour of life suffix is probably the best ego armour to be found (but dragon scales and artifact armour is usually better if your not very low on to).

I've yet to see an eternium "of devastation" weapon with a useful prefix before D50.

I recall a tension room of chaos warriors in R6, early game.
    Sadly, by the time I was powerful enough to clear it, I didn't need any of the items they can usually drop.
    A wand of death would have fixed that but without having a wish, it was virtually impossible to randomly find it.