Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ADOM 1.2.0 Prerelease 12 (with and without NotEye integration)

Looks pretty nice, first person mode is rad, isometric perspective is rather arguably playable though.
    A quick question - is there a way to make tileset the same size as ascii mode? The smallest size seems to be 32x32 which is too big (maybe I'm missing something), but health bars are rather nice to have? Also, on the topic of health bars, aren't they some sort of hack? I thought detect wound status works only in close proximity.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post
    A quick question - is there a way to make tileset the same size as ascii mode? The smallest size seems to be 32x32 which is too big (maybe I'm missing something.
    I use the mini-tile mode. Play around with the 'resolution and fonts', for me on win8 selection D fills my entire screen on my laptop.
    Learn to learn.

Yes, I think it would be a good idea to allow the healthbars in the ASCII mode (even though they break the ASCII feel somewhat).

I agree that they give more information than the traditional ADOM; I think we have not yet decided what to do about this.

As stingray1 says, for now, you can use the mini-tiles mode (this is supposed to scale the graphics to the size of the ASCII characters). The letters won't look good, but as a temporary solution you can edit games/adom.noe as follows:

Code:
    dofile(commondir.."generic-tile.noe")
    function bord(x) return fget(Font, x) end
    (find the first line, and add the second line below it)

Thanks about mini-tile mode suggestion, worked perfectly. I've delved a bit in config, had to look up correct font ID and default params in common/fonts.noe. VGA 16x28 with full-screen works perfectly.
    Maybe I've missed again, but there doesn't seem to be a button that says "Update launch config with current settings" (it looks like NotEye doesn't save settings on exit). I think this could be a useful thing for those who play with settings in-game and then wish to keep them.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

First impression : it doesn't work. It exits to desktop after welcome screen, no matter what I do. I will try on another computer later.

First attempt is on a RHEL 6.3 64-bit system. This is probably a platform you don't much care to target.

Had to install: libcaca, libmad.

However, libtiff and libjpeg are too old. Abort. Also glibc too old.

Second attempt on a Debian 6.0.7 64-bit. Also oldish, but less so than RHEL 6.

Had to install: libcaca0 libmad0.

However: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by ./adom). Abort.

Third attempt on Ubuntu 12.04.2 64-bit.

Had to install: libcaca0 libmad0 libasound2 libpulse0.

Terminal output with no DISPLAY is all screwed up.

Works, though missing some image files? Super slow over the network. Anything but ASCII mode is mostly a black screen.
    Last edited by Alucard; 04-01-2013 at 07:47 PM.
    ADOM, where the most commonly used letter in the alphabet is the explosive rune. - starfries

A Debian release will follow soon... not sure about RHEL.
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa