Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ADOM 1.2.0 Prerelease 12 (with and without NotEye integration)

Default ADOM 1.2.0 Prerelease 12 (with and without NotEye integration)

Hey folks,

I don't have write access to the blog, so I'm posting it here: Prerelease 12 is now available!

This is the first Prerelease with NotEye integration, but versions without it are available too.

The following restrictions apply to the NotEye version:

- it doesn't contain any graphics or music/sounds (yet)
    - it's only available for Windows, OSX (Intel) and Ubuntu 32/64 bit (additional operating systems will follow soon)

The reasons for releasing a NotEye version without graphics and music are that we

a) want to check if/how the NotEye version works on all operating systems (e.g. if libraries are missing)
    b) get the graphics and music to a more finished state

You can access the internal NotEye menu with CTRL+M. There you can select a different font or viewing mode. ALT+Enter switches fullscreen mode on/off.

Please post any issues you find to the issue tracker, thanks (make sure to select a "NotEye" category if you play the NotEye version)!

Update: I just realized that all NotEye versions were built with activated exploration mode... sorry.
    Last edited by jt; 03-31-2013 at 08:23 AM.
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa

Oh wow. Going to download.

Edit: Very nice! Everything seems to work fine at the moment, and being able to control menus and lists with the mouse is great and very comfortable. Not to mention full screen on Windows at last
    Last edited by Al-Khwarizmi; 03-30-2013 at 02:21 PM.

Wow, great job!
    First person view is extremely slow on my computer though... And question system didn't always have mouse pointers (for some questions mouse works and for some it doesn't).

The mouse handling for questions/menus is kind of a hack right now... so there are some views where it doesn't work.
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa

Just to clarify, p12 is also available without NotEye for all operating systems - something I thought wasn't the case when reading the original post.
    Playing since gamma 10, when necklaces looked like &s. Lithium man. Brass + Lithium. OCG. Illiterate barb. One race and one class to go.

Quote Originally Posted by aerol View Post
    Just to clarify, p12 is also available without NotEye for all operating systems
    I've updated the title and initial post to make this clearer!

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Khwarizmi View Post
    Oh wow. Going to download.Edit: Very nice! Everything seems to work fine at the moment, and being able to control menus and lists with the mouse is great and very comfortable. Not to mention full screen on Windows at last
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    First person view is extremely slow on my computer though...
    Have you switched the OpenGL mode on? Anyway, not much reason to try it without graphics...

And question system didn't always have mouse pointers (for some questions mouse works and for some it doesn't).
    For which questions there are no mouse pointers? But jt is right, we are still working on this (I think we should make all the menus work in a consistent way, and then NotEye will be able to consistently enable mouse in them).
    See Necklace of the Eye: interface enhancements for ADOM and other roguelikes!

Looks funky in fullscreen. Clicking to move is cool. Would be great if double-click worked like 'w[12346789]' command, although one can still press 'w' and then click to get same effect.

Love the health bars.
    Last edited by Stingray1; 03-30-2013 at 10:13 PM.
    Learn to learn.

On linux, if i am not missing something, I can't test noteye, as libnoteye.so is not to be found. I tried downloading noteye and compiling it myself, but due to lack of persistence and mood on easter sunday, (SDL/SDL.h missing) I just left it at that.

i ll probably boot windows later on and see

"libnoteye.so" is included in the archive, but maybe there is another problem (I've sent you a PM).