Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Statue sightings

Another one:

"You stumble upon a statue. It resembles the head of a horse. Its expression is an ambiguous mix of panic and frenzied elation. An inscription at the bottom reads: "Prepare for Final Fulfillment.""

Kicking the statue yielded the message "Suddenly an item is lying on the ground." and gave a wand of fire.

Edit: It seems you can either get a wand of fire or the "You feel faster" with a +5 to speed.

Another one:

"You stumble upon a statue. The statue is cast in bronze and resembles a Barbarian accompanied by a snarling dog."

The effect is apparently supposed to trigger upon praying, but the praying effect remains unimplemented.

I thought the praying effect on some statues was working now?

Not for all of them, the last I heard.

Anyways, another one:

"You stumble upon a statue. It represents a monster of vaguely anthropoid outline, but with an octopus-like head whose face is a mass of feelers, a scaly, rubbery-looking body, prodigious claws on hind and fore feet, and long, narrow wings behind. An inscription at the bottom reads: "Ia! Q'thulu ftaghn!".

Stepping on the statues gave "You feel confused." and confusion for 1 turn (I was wearing a ring of mental stability).

Edit: The stone crossbow statue also doesn't have an implemented effect. My guess that it's supposed to trigger when you step on it.
    Last edited by kapak44; 06-13-2014 at 03:24 AM.

Yet another one:

"You stumble upon a statue. It depicts a menacing orc, ready for battle."

Kicking the statue yielded the message "Suddenly an item is lying on the ground" and a scroll of defense.

Quote Originally Posted by TDau View Post
    Found in UD4:

You stumble upon a statue. It depicts an elf with a look of horror frozen on her face. An inscription at the bottom reads: "Not all petrification goes bone-deep."
    I found this one.

As far as I can tell (this thread, the wiki, google), nobody has reported this one yet:

You stumble upon a statue. It resembles a quickling. An inscription at the bottom reads: "Trrrr digi dagi, muf muf!".

Found in UD:1. Granted +5 speed when kicked (permanently, or at least until I died on UD:7).

I believe this is a new statue.

- You stumble upon a statue. It is of a handsome grifter carved from pure gypsum. An inscription at the bottom reads: "Sir Maghan, who slew the terror of the mines long before Sir Zizik ever did.".

New one! Can't work out how to activate it.

16 smooth stone spheres are arranged in a complex and irrational pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by kapak44 View Post
    Kicking the statue yielded the message "Suddenly an item is lying on the ground" and a scroll of defense.
    What label did the scroll have?
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.