Thread: A game of useless effort

Default A game of useless effort

Moeba, the high elven elementalist, started with 6 toughness and 12 strength. First I went to the puppy cave where I found a neutral altar. After one sacrifice it was converted into a lawful one, on which I sacced monsters until I got 'very close' to Correlius. While doing that I had to kill a kitten once to keep the level safe for myself. Then I saved the puppy and advanced to level 9; and with more lots of time I sacced until I was 'extremely close' and got a precrown. Correlius, in his unfathomable wisdom, provided me with the black tome of Alsophocus. After thinking up some unspeakable adjectives for him and trying to scorch the black tome, I decided to go and kill Keethrax; due to a nice sickness and burdening myself, my strength and toughness were already better anyway.

On the way down, I got poisoned some times, having to wait often to regain my hp. Finally on the lowest level, I find keethrax, or more precisely the globe of darkness surrounding him. When standing next to him, I used up all of my mana (which was quite some at that point) on scorching him before remebering that he was immune to fire. Then I tried frost bolts, to which he was immune as well. Thus I had to rely on my short bow and arrows, combined with my awesome close-quarter quarterstaff skills. That didn't go too bad, especially since I had enough piety to regain hp in case I got low; that is, until keethrax decided to fight to the death in a blind rage! Immediately with two big hits I'm dead. So end game, hall of fame, Correlius is to blame
    (well, probably I should've known beforehand that keethrax was resistant; but I was lucky already for remembering what the black tome was)

Started wondering what happens if you try to give the black tome to NPC's. If it accepts, will it be transformed into a WMoPC given the time? Would it pacify Keethrax if I gave it to him? et cetera...

Quote Originally Posted by Moeba View Post
    Started wondering what happens if you try to give the black tome to NPC's. If it accepts, will it be transformed into a WMoPC given the time? Would it pacify Keethrax if I gave it to him? et cetera...
    I'm afraid the monster inventory system isn't that advanced. Monsters won't get corrupted from carrying CHAOS items. This means however that you can use Hawkslayer or berserkers to haul around corrupting (or heavy; there seems to be an item limit as opposed to a weight limit for them) items.
    "And light there be!"