Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rock Man (challenge game)

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1 View Post
    You can get others to do the digging or an Elementalist can use Earthquake( If it works in the temples ).
    Also killing a monster inside a wall somehow destroys the wall.
    Mindcrafters can apparently also knock down walls with their will.

Do Stone axes/spears also count?
    lol, but that makes it really hard for non-monks :P
    Stone anythings do count as non-rock items

Food is not so much of a problem early-game, you have to drop your starting equipment but you can then eat any food in there. But Drakeling is kinda pushing your luck on food drops I think.

There are at least 2 really problematic challenges to solve: the banshee (without beewax!) and the eternal guardian(s) (no climbing sets or even if you could use those, you still wouldn't be allowed to get the ring. Also controlled teleport on demand is extremely hard or impossible to get).

But up to that point the challenge, or even stricter one is definitely possible: I've got two first orbs (fire and water) with a drakish monk who never picked up anything except those two orbs, and even those were never used. But then he died on banshee due to some bad luck, if i remember correctly 6 spits wasn't enough to kill the banshee (but when I tested this afterwards I could kill her twice in a row with 6 spits) and I ran out of room to escape.

Food was never much of a problem (due to reduced food consumption and no artifacts to increase it). Corruption can be a problem if you happen to get some of the nasty ones, like stiff muscles or thin and nimble (increases food consumption by 1 unit/turn, which in case of a monk means tripled food consumption!).

Also ToEF was a lot easier than I thought: even without any regeneration sources or fire immunity (just basic fire resistance from corpse). High speed, month of candle, immune to pain, first aid (and possibly prayer in case of emergency) were well enough to keep me alive.

The flg is still available here: http://ancardia.us.to/adom_users/samim/shachar.flg