Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New boss monster (resurrection campaign)

the interesting thing about the catlord is that getting the ring with a caster is normally quite easy - you can simply use invisibility or darkness to get away from 99% of cats. however the fighter is the guy who really needs the ring, and he finds it much harder

I never even considered to avoid killing cats. It sounds as tedious as the minotaur maze, which I also stopped going to. And the cat lord is more fun hostile.

wondering how the game would be if upon every cat killing, there is a X percent chance of the catlord spawning on the level for a more direct revenge

In 1.2.0, I'm trying a little harder not to kill cats, since the ring was buffed by actually making it increase critical hit chances. However, I'm not going to do things like dubudu-ing my way through a cat threat room that swarms me (as I have once!), and I won't Shift+Q a character that kills a cat early on. And you still have to take care not to accidentally melee or bolt a cat and having the reward for "adhering to the principles of the cat lord" go to hell, besides exploding in your face. So, if the reward for this quest was in par with the RotMC's power and didn't doom or corrupt, I'd probably take it over the kitty ring.

Evil Knievel, the minotaur maze was buffed considerably in the prereleases, dropping PoGAs and a random artifact. Before, I've only done it a few times for the sake of completeness, but now I'm really looking forward to going there once one of my PCs reaches level 21.
    "And light there be!"

Maybe one of the artifacts can be artifact thick gauntlets.
    Then the starting thick gauntlets can also be removed from Chaos Knights and players don't have to grind for solutions to a certain effect of corruption.

I think we should have a special rat king + shitload of rats and wererats so porkman, gutt and me can finally get to use our cat's claw.
    Also there should be animated trees all around as well as carnivorous plants and writhing vines so we can dual wield that mighty cat's claw with the uber-amazing black thumb from a pre-crown and slay all things left and right.
    Last edited by Blasphemous; 01-03-2014 at 01:30 PM.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Oh and of course the artifact prize should be an equally mind-blowing slaying weapon, perhaps something like this:

Worn Heavy Trollish Club "Ooga-booga" (+2, 3d8+5) {St+4} {Dx-4} (500s)
    Very good as scoring critical hits.
    Base energy cost for attacks: 1200
    1d100 chance that you accidentally drop it when swinging due to size, weight and cumbersome design.
    Grants stun resistance.
    Slays felines of all kinds.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Just reading up on this thread again and I think a low/mid level cat boss would be brilliant. It would teach people to not be so stupidly obsessed over the kitty quest.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!