Thread: Two locations, one character

Default Two locations, one character

I play at work and at home. Yesterday, I started a nice character who found executor in a precrown at level 8. After work, I took the svg home and kept playing. In short, I forgot my flash drive at home this morning and only have the earlier file from when I left work to play today. Is it at all kosher to play two instances of the same character? If one dies, are they both dead? I want to play now since I don't like playing computer games during the sweet, sweet weekend.

Thoughts?

This is similar to a recent question of reusing a SVG of a good starting character as opposed to rerolling when he dies, which we agreed counted as savescumming and thus invalidated a potential win.

I'd try to be patient and resume playing with the newest savegame once you get to it - to make sure a PC precrowned with Executor stays in the good graces of what's acceptable in the community
    "And light there be!"

Agreed. I'll hang tight and start a new character for today. Thanks

As usual, ADOM server should be mentioned. Should remove such problems (you can play as long as you have access to internet and don't have restrictions on your workplace).
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

While I do have unrestricted access to the internet being IT, it still wouldn't look very good to be playing games on the internet. haha

It is a terminal and full of ascii, tell them it is to help you code.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

To be honest, there are several programs used in other departments that I've had to look twice at because they look just like some type of rougelike. Even so, the few times that some coworkers have seen me play even with an inventory screen up, they've asked what I was playing. I spent most of today working on a precrown that ended up being a hammer of the gods. Lame.