Thread: Simple question (maybe)

Default Simple question (maybe)

Upon trying a human wizard for the first time I noticed that quick-marking spells was useless to me because for whatever reason, using the number keys (not the numberpad) made my character move around as if I was using the numberpad. I couldn't find a way to fix this and it's pretty frustrating, so I'm asking you guys. Any idea how to fix it?

Hi. I'm assuming you're coming right with the actual marking of the spells via the :Z command.

You need to press Z followed by the number to cast the spell. Pressing Z and a numpad key here is fine too.

Pressing the number key alone without pressing Z first is the same as pressing the number on the numpad, hence making you move in that direction.

So say you marked Fire bolt with 1. Casting it requires you to press Shift z release all and press 1 either on the top row of numbers( as you were attempting ) or the 1 on the numberpad.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Stingray1; 08-16-2013 at 09:10 PM.
    Learn to learn.

Good question, and great answer!

Nice to meet you Echo. I do hope you come back here at some point to give us an update on how your wizard is doing (or did!).