Thread: Anyone else HATE Hobgoblin Warriors?

Default Anyone else HATE Hobgoblin Warriors?

I'm not kidding when I say these little buggers are insanely mismatched in power.

It doesn't matter what Race/Class I choose that isn't bulky and naturally tough,
    These guys four-shot me every time. They can dodge/parry anything I throw at them
    and they hit way too hard. I can't barely get pass the 2nd lvl of the first dungeon
    before I run into one, and then all I can do is TRY to run, as they are always faster then I am.
    If I'm lucky, I'm close enough to the Stairs to pull them out of the dungeon.

The Only Race I had luck with was a Troll Monk and that's only because Monks are OP
    And trolls Hit like a Truck.

Yeah, I hate them too (although not as much as some other monsters). Their PV is ridiculous.

I'd advise switching to berserk tactics when fighting them (or coward if you just want to lead them out of the dungeon). Getting a few levels in tactics will also help breaking through their defenses.

If you want to play an elven monk, it can be advantageous to start out as a fighter so that you get immediate access to elven chain mail (just make sure you start with Wi > 10, so you aren't barred from taking monk levels).

On the subject of running away: elves, gnomes, and hurthlings (and non-troll races with good Dex) should usually be faster than hobgoblins. Are you taking advantage of diagonal movement?