Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: ADOM 1.2.0 Prerelease 14

Couple more screenies from my recent attempt at starting a game =) It didn't go very well, but the views are nice!

Viggo1.pngViggo2.pngViggo3.pngViggo4.pngViggo6.png

I like the > and < symbols on the stairs. Still smiling.

Are you planning on adding a tile for 'confusion blast', etc?
    Last edited by Stingray1; 05-26-2013 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    "ADOM 1.2.0 Prerelease 13 Changelog (26 May 2013)"

should be 14!
    Thanks, fixed.
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa

It's weird, it's freaky, it's completely alien, it's horrific....

But I quite like it (Opinion after 5 minutes of playing )

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1 View Post
    Are you planning on adding a tile for 'confusion blast', etc?
    If all goes according to plan we hope to have some sort of effect for most bolt/ray/blast spells.

For bolt/ray type spells I think I have some pretty good ideas, we'll see about that as soon as I fill in some gaps in the current tileset.
    From what I gather there's a bit of a problem with properly drawing area of effect type spells in ADOM/NOTEye. Don't know the details, but the bottom line is these will be represented by single-tile images, so the end result might be a bit less spectacular.

I do hope ADOM II can improve in these areas

Quote Originally Posted by Elcs View Post
    It's weird, it's freaky, it's completely alien, it's horrific....
    It takes a while to get used to, we noticed that too! But the end result is hopefully worth making the effort to switch. At least for more graphically-minded players
    Last edited by Ravenmore; 05-26-2013 at 05:06 PM.

It brillant! Is there any way to switch to fullscreen?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmore View Post
    It takes a while to get used to, we noticed that too! But the end result is hopefully worth making the effort to switch. At least for more graphically-minded players
    I tried for about 15 minutes and oddly enough, my Mist Elven Necromancer survived the encounter... even with a few mis-steps caused by the subtle change in the perception of depth and mis-firings of Frost Bolt

Then I remembered Ctrl+M, made ADOM full screen on my 1920*1080 47" HDTV, changed some settings like Checkerboard 'on' and Grid 'on' and found the 'save settings' option. After this, things seemed to get easier to cope with and I felt a bit happier... until some small green bug punched through my armour several times before I realised 'CLAW BUG' ----> ZZZAAAPP

Seems to me like it'll take a bit of getting used to, especially for the ASCII veterans (I was something like 10 years old when playing ADOM on the Amiga and I'm 28 now ). Will just be a case of fiddling away and having fun, as well as trying to find the non-NPC bugs for our friendly Creator and Dev Team to remedy.

Quote Originally Posted by cromat View Post
    It brillant! Is there any way to switch to fullscreen?
    Under the Ctrl+M options there is.

I *think* Alt+Enter also did it in r13.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmore View Post
    When I got into NetHack (my first roguelike), 32x32 tiles and sound helped make it more palatable, since I had never played anything like it before.

I prefer the ASCII display now, but tiles and music will make the game friendlier to new players, which is always a good thing. And judging from the screenshots, they're really well done.

Congratulations on this release
    "And light there be!"

Wow.

This graphical update is brilliant, the music is excellent, and thanks to NotEYE, I can explore ADOM in first person. Are there eventually going to be animated tiles, like monsters and such? It wouldn't be necessary to enjoy the game, but it would certainly make it feel more alive

Great job Team ADOM, my Kickstarter money was very well spent here!