Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: ADOM 1.2.0 Prerelease 14

Thanks, that's exactly the thing. New features I like to discover on my own, but bugfixes and gameplay mechanics are worth reading about IMHO.

I really like the first person view, although it seems when you use 'examine environment' it's a little glitchy in that you can't see npc's and it looks funny turned NWSE although I'm sure you guys already know that.
    Last edited by KyoShinda; 07-11-2013 at 10:02 PM.

Ok so I accidentally opened two adom 1.2.0's then exited both of them by exiting the loading screen. And now it will not open at all. I'd prefer not to have to delete all my saved games on it. Is there something similar to the .prc file in the older versions? Or must i just re-install it?

What operating system are you on? Did you download the game from www.ancardia.com? Did you have other versions installed?
    Last edited by Stingray1; 07-12-2013 at 08:41 AM.

The first three prereleases of 1.2.0 use the PRC file. You might want to download and run a batch file I wrote to clear it, the link is in my signature. Pr4 and above did away with it to avoid this kind of trouble.
    "And light there be!"

I am on windows 7 and i downloaded it using some kind of password that was given out, yea i believe it was ancardia.com

I'd suggest temporarily moving your savegames (which should be in USERPROFILE\AppData\Local\ADOM\adom_dat\savedg) to another destination and then deleting the entire USERPROFILE\AppData\Local\ADOM folder. Then run ADOM, give it time to create the folders/files, quit, move the savefiles into the savedg folder. Don't move savefiles from older versions into the folder.

Run Adom and see if it works correctly.
    Last edited by Stingray1; 07-12-2013 at 04:29 PM.

ghosts can not walk through walls in the lower level of the dwarven graveyard. probably a bug.

I think undiggable walls can't be walked through.

In the wiki it says I need to pick 'approximately' 28 pockets successfully to achieve the quest from Yergius. Does that mean if I pick 29 then I lose the quest and can never achieve it? If 28+ does make you able, I've picked way more than that and still haven't gotten it yet. Is it based on the actual skill progress then?