Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: ADOM 1.2.0 Prerelease 14

It's not exactly clear how it works in the newer versions. Apparently picking pockets where you are successful but don't steal an item counts for less now, so you need many more than this.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    It's not exactly clear how it works in the newer versions. Apparently picking pockets where you are successful but don't steal an item counts for less now, so you need many more than this.
    Yes, jt posted something in the bugtracker a while back, which went something like this: The game was counting successful attempts, where it was supposed to count items stolen. If you want I'll search for it and post it?

Edit - Got it slightly wrong, you used to score more points for finding nothing. Basically what JS said. Here is the relevant Changelog item.

So to answer your question KyoShinda, you need to pick more than 28 pockets, how much more, I'm uncertain.
    Last edited by Stingray1; 07-14-2013 at 01:53 AM.

Hello

Thanks for the help jt, got it working. Now i'm wondering why it takes so long to set up the highscore file? It's good 20 seconds until i get to the main screen, another friend reported setting up a highscore file is instant for him.

I got it working by copying highscore file from 1.1.1 to 1.2.0, then running pre13 and died once to get a highscore entry, then starting pre14.

Yes, loading and saving the highscore file takes a long time on Prerelease 14. The problem is fixed in Prerelease 15, see issue 2158.
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa

Wasn't sure where to post this but, is it possible for high elf archers to do smithing or do you have to wish for some of it?

Quote Originally Posted by KyoShinda View Post
    Wasn't sure where to post this but, is it possible for high elf archers to do smithing or do you have to wish for some of it?
    Any class can do it, you just need to learn the (guaranteed) corresponding skill.
    "And light there be!"

Quote Originally Posted by anon123 View Post
    Any class can do it, you just need to learn the (guaranteed) corresponding skill.
    So how do I get metallurgy? or is that even required?

Metallurgy is not required to perform smithing. There is no known guaranteed way to learn it.
    Learn to learn.

A bigger problem tends to be where to find an anvil generally (which you'll need too).

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    A bigger problem tends to be where to find an anvil generally (which you'll need too).
    Hilariously enough I found one on the floor shortly after asking about it. xD