Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Choose starting weapon with affinity tals.

Default Choose starting weapon with affinity tals.

Hi! maybie it was great to choose sarting weap.with affinity tal. 1) because before your journey begins, you may prepare to it and buy/found/craft your favorite weap.it good to roleplay (for example i try to create vampire hunter but i can`t begin with whip,its sad).and affinnity tals no one pick.as i know,maybie im wrong,ofc no need prefix or suffix add to this starting weap.so thougts?

I quite like your suggestion. In any case the affinities can be boosted since I never pick them except when going for melee weapon master.
    Treasure Hunter is an absolutely immoral talent and people who take it are slaves of their lust for loot. A real character doesn't rely on worldly goodies to save the world but will do so by trusting his inner strength.

I definitely concur on that these talents could use a buff, and this might be a good idea. But what if you pick more than one affinity? And what classes would this apply to?
    "And light there be!"

what does weapons master do? That is when you get a bunch of different talents with weapons or when you max lots of different weapons?

MELEE WEAPON MASTER -- +3 to hit and damage in melee combat. Prerequisites: At least 3 melee weapon affinities, Defensive Fighter, Strong of Will

Quote Originally Posted by anon123 View Post
    But what if you pick more than one affinity? And what classes would this apply to?
    Im think if you pick 2 aff. at beggining you may get 2 weapons,why no?but take 2 aff.at lvl 1 its not so good imho,so ima think its not a problem,about class restriction,..well you may be a priest and use axe?,who knows in what abbey you learn/grow and what specifically you learn
    sorry for bd eng.

I like the idea! One starting weapon for every affinity sounds cool!
    My band: http://messerschmitt-speed.com
    ... for those old school Heavy Metal maniacs among you
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My youtube-profile: http://www.youtube.com/GordonOverkillManiac
    ... with lots of ADOM videos, including several complete successful play-throughs and tutorials for beginners

Candle-born gnomish/hurthling bards/merchants/farmers with Ma 18+ and attributes divisible by 7 could potentially pack quite an arsenal
    "And light there be!"

yeah,but weapon can be desrtoyed/rust, and this CandleBorn G/H B/M/F with 18+ma and 7/ can use only 1 weapon,and im sure whey pick better somthing else,maybie im not right

That really is a cool idea. I vote in favor of it also.