Page 19 of 64 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Guidebook work

What I posted was meant for the cases with <pre>. It seems that the earlier <font> somehow overrides it in Firefox.

Quote Originally Posted by 3AM View Post
    Appendix J:

Ratling warlord corpse currently reads a relatively small alignment drop.

I just ate one at N-, and went all the way to C. I'd say that's more than small.
    There seems to be some really weird formula to determinate how big the alignment drop is. It seems to depend only on what's your current alignment at the time you eat it.

Here's a small data set about it. As you can see, above 2000 stones the drop is bigger when your alignment is higher. Between about 2000-500 stones the drop is always 1000 stones and below that the alignment drop seems to make some kind of sawtooth.
    Code:
     Alignment before eating | Alignment drop
    -------------------------+----------------
                       -4330 |            666
                       -3775 |            555
                       -3313 |            462
                       -2928 |            385
                       -1928 |           1000
                        -904 |            761
                        -470 |            588
                        -360 |            544
                        -114 |            356
                        -113 |            356
                         -31 |            329
                         204 |            318
                         431 |            227
                         887 |           1000
                         969 |           1000
                        1431 |           1000
                        1969 |           1000
                        2167 |            116
                        2296 |            129
                        2440 |            144
                        2599 |            159
                        2776 |            177
                        3266 |            226
                        3517 |            251
                        3796 |            279
                        4106 |            310
                        4106 |            310
                        4451 |            345
                        4451 |            345
                        4451 |            345
                        6000 |            400

Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    What I posted was meant for the cases with <pre>. It seems that the earlier <font> somehow overrides it in Firefox.
    OK, I get it. Will try that.

That worked, thanks.
    ADOM Guidebook: http://adomgb.info/

a few things, I've picked up over the years most of which are probably common knowledge:

Big bosses cannot be revived as slaves and this includes atleast:
    Cat lord
    master summoner(bummer, since this way he would have some point this late in the game; I've actually witnessed him being finished by a vicious vapor rat and that's lame if you ask me)
    archmage
    Filk

Trying results in a message "-foo- corpse turns to dust"

Minotaur emperor can be revived! He's fantastic cannon fodder for nasty archmage. He cannot be traded for pocc, by the way.

Chance on criticals stack, so with cow axe + 100 find weakness + rotm I get more criticals than regular hits. This makes eternal guardian an easy xp farm. With 32 str and dual rings of damage and berserking the weapon shows +109 to hit 3d20+78 to damage, when level 7 at two-handed weapons. This makes cow axe the second best weapon in the game, third if you're barbarian or necromancer since they both can receive vanquisher.

blessed cooked corpses can be revived but slaves appear critically damaged

Anyone can skip the griff quest by letting the priest die. This can be done with pets, slaves, greater daemon(quest), troll, giant etc. Basically anything that can kill him and is not the pc. This makes the whole town attack the assailant even if he is not in their line of sight! Thrundarr and garth will both be wondering towards the killer! Sadly, shopkeeper does not move, nor will enemies attack him.

Kill something guests can be completed by letting a slave or pet kill the target. Works atleast against kranach, druid, thrundarr, crime lord, xsxsxsxxssx, filk.

Starvation does not kill until strength has dropped to half of what it was when the starving message is shown. Thus there is -4 drop on getting starving status and from there on the stats will drop until str is 50% from where it started when starving status was reached.

Lvl 50 necromancers cannot be killed if equipment keeps toughness >10. If aols would save you, then this will also. When revived mana is also restored, thus making the archmage only second most impressive, being unkillable necromancer with infinite mana is much more badass!

No enemy is resistant to magic missile.

Skeletal kings do not see invisible.

Trying to cast magic prevents confused chars from wandering around. Casting Teleport while confused works as if you ate displacer beast corpse.

Keriax' melee does not corrupt and deals only 37-55 damage, he does have 5 hits and poisons though. All the nasties of chaos dragon are prevented by leading him into the tunnel and disabling with a blindness/confusion/invis potion.

Quote Originally Posted by johonka View Post
    Lvl 50 necromancers cannot be killed if equipment keeps toughness >10. If aols would save you, then this will also. When revived mana is also restored, thus making the archmage only second most impressive, being unkillable necromancer with infinite mana is much more badass!
    Thanks there is some very interesting stuff there. The manual states Necros lose half their To and half their HPs with each resurrection. Eventually HPs would be a fractional value = zero as far as the game is concerned. To >= 10 prevents that I guess?

At one time in the gamma days, a necro with the Staff of the Archmagi could create slaves indefinitely, since Ma would never go below 10. I don't know how TB coded around that, but it sounds like he forgot about the To + resurrection combination.
    Last edited by Andy Williams; 06-22-2009 at 12:19 AM.

Has anyone done a blessed greater identify of the Weird Tome? That is missing from the artifacts list.

Couple things for the endgame section:

Earth Temple: Sometimes the Ancient Stone Beast doesn't leave a corpse. I think this happens if he dies in a wall, but someone else would need to confirm.

D49 : Potions of Uselessness must propel you in order to yield the gift.

D50: IME, it is not always possible to dig into the handle chambers(stone is too hard message).
    ________
    FREE XXX
    Last edited by sterjs; 02-24-2011 at 10:02 PM.

Did you already note that the left half of D:50 is NOT guaranteed to be diggable? Very frustrating thing to discover when you've spent that wish on wands of destruction and find that it won't be so easy to get to the lever rooms after all. I've had undiggable left halves twice.

Quote Originally Posted by sterjs View Post
    D50: IME, it is not always possible to dig into the handle chambers(stone is too hard message).
    Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    Did you already note that the left half of D:50 is NOT guaranteed to be diggable?
    Two in a row. I knew it but have never understood it, so it has stood until now. I added the word usually.

Quote Originally Posted by johonka View Post
    Big bosses cannot be revived as slaves and this includes atleast:
    Filk
    Are you certain about him? I seem to recall making a filk zombie at one point (non-necromancer). I would test this right now, but... kind of a pain to do so.