Page 37 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: Guidebook work

Appendix J - Monsters:
    - Any type of outlaw: can be given to the sheriff for a small reward.
    Corpses I've confirmed can be turned in for rewards:
    Cutpurse, Bandit, Outlaw, Outlaw Leader, Mugger, Raider, Raider Lord, Assassin, Master Assassin

Master Assassin corpses are worth 500 gp, Assassins are worth 100 gp. Something to keep in mind if you have food preservation and a weapon of hunting when you head into the Assassins' Cave.

I haven't personally tested the Master Thief, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did generate a reward. I seem to remember that Ratling Thief corpses don't generate a reward.

Update to 0.2.2 - Changing Alignment

You mention seeds, but giving tools to farmers is also a lawful act. Also, if a monster panics and flees, you can (C)hat with it. Sometimes this results in asking you if you want to offer (p)eace - giving them a chance to surrender. This is a lawful act. Note that this only works if the monster is listed as "hostile (afraid)", not "neutral (afraid)" and it doesn't work with animals. Attacking a monster that you have allowed to surrender is a chaotic act, but a surrendered monster will occasionally become hostile and attack you again. Killing one at this point is not a chaotic act.

I'm not sure what determines whether you are given the chance to offer peace. Sometimes it takes multiple chats before the option to offer peace is given. I suspect it may be related to Charisma - I had an orc beastfighter that took quite a few chats before the option was given.

A general request for the organization of the Guidebook - more internal links, please! Link every line in the TOC to the appropriate section. Perhaps link mentions of artifacts to their description in the appendix. Maybe links from class description to the list of possible crowning gifts and heir items. I've been playing long enough that I can usually remember this stuff, but I remember a lot of scrolling and paging back and forth as a newbie.

I currently have a copy of the GB on my smartphone, and more links would be really handy for small screen navigation.

Quote Originally Posted by MrNiceguy View Post
    A general request for the organization of the Guidebook - more internal links, please! Link every line in the TOC to the appropriate section. Perhaps link mentions of artifacts to their description in the appendix. Maybe links from class description to the list of possible crowning gifts and heir items. I've been playing long enough that I can usually remember this stuff, but I remember a lot of scrolling and paging back and forth as a newbie.

I currently have a copy of the GB on my smartphone, and more links would be really handy for small screen navigation.
    I snipped some stuff I'll get to eventually. As far as the links go - I know. They will be added as I have the time. It's a lot of work to update all those potential links. I will do it though. At the moment I'm concentrating on getting the content consistent with the current understanding of the game.
    ADOM Guidebook: http://adomgb.info/

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    While we're on the topic of Terinyo, I have made
    another demo concerning the decimation of that
    little hamlet using an exp. level 1 human archer.
    Thanks, it has been added.

Offering peace also yields exp. points. I
    forget if it's = or half of the points from
    killing, but it's one of the two.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Williams View Post
    I snipped some stuff I'll get to eventually. As far as the links go - I know. They will be added as I have the time. It's a lot of work to update all those potential links. I will do it though. At the moment I'm concentrating on getting the content consistent with the current understanding of the game.
    I can give you a hand adding links if you want.
    1 ULE, 1 UNE, 18 regular endings. Won with every race. Trying to win with every class. Never won with farmer, merchant, mindcrafter and thief.

In appendix B, you have huge rock's missile and melee damage the wrong way around. It's 10d6 missile, 1d20 melee.

In appendix C, you're missing the weight of the following items:

Iron ore: 120s
    Mithril ore: 110s
    Adamantium ore: 100s
    Eternium ore: 90s
    Wooden stick: 30s

Also in appendix C, you're missing the following items damage:

Mandoline: H(-1, 1d3) M(+0, 1d2)
    Tamborine: H(-1, 1d3) M(+0, 1d2)
    Whistle: H(-3, 1d1) M(+0, 1d1)

I figure if I'm borrowing from the GB's tables to improve the wiki, I might as well make it a two way street and let data from the wiki improve the GB
    The Adom wiki: everything you need to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/ADOM_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Ascaron View Post
    I figure if I'm borrowing from the GB's tables to improve the wiki, I might as well make it a two way street and let data from the wiki improve the GB
    Thanks, updated.

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Offering peace also yields exp. points. I
    forget if it's = or half of the points from
    killing, but it's one of the two.
    If a high-exp. value monster panics, this might be exploitable. Do you still get full exp. from killing them after offering peace?

Quote Originally Posted by MrNiceguy View Post
    If a high-exp. value monster panics, this might be exploitable. Do you still get full exp. from killing them after offering peace?
    No, you get no experience from killing a monster to whom you have offered peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonyone View Post
    No, you get no experience from killing a monster to whom you have offered peace.
    Can you make peace with, eg. Momma Dragon? She often panics and even if you get half the xp, that would be a pretty decent reward considering how easy it is to make her panic.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.