Page 38 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Guidebook work

> Do you still get full exp. from killing them after offering peace?

You used to be able to do that with shopkeepers! That was
    a really quick way to beef up a PC, but it's no longer possible.
    Shopkeepers no longer accept peace as far as I know.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

on learning Smithing on Glod, theres no difference on the price (steep 10500g) weather my current female Troll Wizard asks with 11 app, or she's wearing +16 app (+4 helm of beauty, +4 pendent of beauty and gorgeous clothes) ticking in at 27 app (i'd say thats quite decent for a troll )

Necromancer got Black Tome of Alsophacus as pre crowning gift.

This is not mentioned as a possible gift in the guide book. Also necromancers may enter the drakelor chain with a tract of chaos instead of a book of frostbolt.

There's a difference between crowning and precrowning gifts. Precrown gifts are just random artifacts, and can be any of the 24 different random artifacts in the game. Any class can get the black tome from a precrown.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Keriax - in the monster section - does not always give the noted increases. I was under the impression that if it was in parentheses, it was conditional on the current stat, and if it was not, it was a flat increase regardless.
    Normal - GE Ranger, Human Monk, GE Wizard, Hurthling Beastfighter, Hurthling Farmer
    Ultra - ULE GE Wizard

In appendix J (Monsters), the Ankheg corpse makes you throw up (even to orcs, I don't know trolls), in addition to -Acid.
    1 ULE, 1 UNE, 18 regular endings. Won with every race. Trying to win with every class. Never won with farmer, merchant, mindcrafter and thief.

In appendix B, you say that pickaxes are "? probably iron". They are identified by the metallurgy skill as being "made from something other than metal." I've also checked that scapels are definitely iron (you have a ? next to them).

Also later in appendix B, you mention a weapon suffix "of poisoning". Neither I nor Soirana have ever seen a weapon with this suffix, and I cannot find it anywhere on houeland's list of wished-for weapons.
    The Adom wiki: everything you need to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/ADOM_Wiki

Pick axes certainly behave like iron in game, which is surely more important than what the metallurgy skill tells us. They corrode, melt, etc just like any ordinary iron weapon. I suppose the important questions are can they rust, and can they be smithed up with iron ingots?
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I suppose the important questions are can they rust, and can they be smithed up with iron ingots?
    No and no.
    The Adom wiki: everything you need to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/ADOM_Wiki

The Manual lists Fighters as receiving the Swimming skill. Every fighter I had yet got Swimming to start with. A High Elven Fighter just now got Swimming. Still it's not listed in the respective Guidebook page regarding classes and their skills.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.