Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: Guidebook work

propably true.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

More work bout herbs, using same code as previously
    Code:
    Loops are always unnerving. "It's stable, but i want it in a square." Well, here's another loop work : 
    1)
    ..o.
    .o.o
    o..o
    .oo.

2)
    ..o.
    .-.o
    -..o
    .-o.

3)
    ..oo
    ..oo
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief

Just a silly online game

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    More work bout herbs, using same code as previously
    Loops are always unnerving. "It's stable, but i want it in a square." Well, here's another loop work :
    [snip]
    No! I want a T-shape.

Code:
    1)
    ..o.
    .o.o
    o..o
    .oo.

2)
    ..o.
    .o.o
    o..-
    .o-.

3)
    ..o.
    .oo.
    ooo.

4)
    ..-.
    .o-.
    ooo.
    And why I want a T-shape? Because it can be moved to better place and can be easily farmed into many really useful herb patterns (like 4 squares = 16 stable bushes).

I don't know if you're still doing updates, but i've got some info on the "The air in this room seems to be magically charged." room.

I'm a lvl 1 Gnomish Wand-born wizard that started with 33 PPs and a book of Magic Map amongst its possessions. While ID-hopping for some spellbooks, i ended in a magically charged room.

Magic map normally costs 40PP but shows up as 36PP in my spell list due to the 10% neutral Wand discount.

Since 36 is more than the 33 total I have, I wasn't able to cast it, but the magically charged room allowed me to cast it at 29(33). This means that there's definately a 20% discount that doesn't show up on your spell list.

Additionally, it stacks weirdly since it applies to the spell list cost instead of adding to other discounts of total spell cost.

IE. 10% wand + 20% magical room bonus = 30% off. However, 30% of 40 (original cost of Magic Map) is 12 so discounted cost should be 28. However, the game stacks it as (40 - 10%) - 20% = 28.8 (rounded up to 29)

Now as far as if it can affect spell cost past 50% limit as code-divers claim, I'll try to test that out if I can get a character legitimately that far.

In the meantime, I've attached a save-file of this perticular character in that room, so others can test themselves if they want.
    Attached Files Attached Files

If that is the order in which it works, I'll point out that it would be rounding down (truncating) the reduction, *not* rounding up the final result. Minor quibble obviously, but basically nothing is ever rounded up in ADOM - it's always truncated. This would mean that in this example something like 28.3 would still 'round' to 29.

(Might check if this is indeed how it works later, if I feel up to it.)

I assume you meant 28.3 would become 28. 28.9999 would also become 28.

I don't want to do the math or code-diving or any in-game testing on this myself (lazy) but it's good to finally know what that message means. Better than the time when I learned what the "odd perception" room message meant when using Magic Missile.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

I dont know if anyone has said this already but...I would appreciate an update to the commonly used abbreviations... having played adom for a few years and just now reading the forums there are still a bunch of abbreviations I dont understand making it harder to understand what some of these people are talking about. Also a list of all the profession specific powers i.e. Beastfighters become poison resistant at level 6. Maybe more tips on how to get more exp for troll ultra's and how to increase chances of generating rarer items such as WoWi's

Quote Originally Posted by Albahan View Post
    I dont know if anyone has said this already but...I would appreciate an update to the commonly used abbreviations... having played adom for a few years and just now reading the forums there are still a bunch of abbreviations I dont understand making it harder to understand what some of these people are talking about. Also a list of all the profession specific powers i.e. Beastfighters become poison resistant at level 6. Maybe more tips on how to get more exp for troll ultra's and how to increase chances of generating rarer items such as WoWi's
    The Guidebook has a common abbreviations list in the Appendices, but it's a bit out of date. All of the class powers are in the manual. Best thing for troll ultras is not to do them.... waste of time. The wiki has a decent page on loot generation that includes tactics of varying degrees of scumminess.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Regarding the room effect, I have an interesting RGRA link in my bookmarks. The info has apparently been obtained through testing. The post is full of other spoilers too.

Compendium post, including YAGBUs

And : Ashen : does no damage against undead.
    It actually does. I killed a ghost bat with my ashen orcish spear... Though it took long.

Just a silly online game