Page 57 of 64 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Guidebook work

I corrupted myself with Holy Water in the Chaos Planes. It said someone went weird and I spilled it and got corrupted, I was using it on the amulet of chaos if that has anything to do with it.
    When in darkness, you can always see the light (unless you're in ADOM)

Most successful combos for me: Grey elf wizards, trollish healers, dark elf beast-fighters, Gnomey monks, and any race barbarians.

Quote Originally Posted by The Metro Gnome View Post
    I corrupted myself with Holy Water in the Chaos Planes. It said someone went weird and I spilled it and got corrupted, I was using it on the amulet of chaos if that has anything to do with it.
    The potion of holy water probably was turned into a potion of raw chaos by the Amulet of Chaos. Chaos artifacts do that to potions IIRC.
    Last edited by Laukku; 12-13-2009 at 06:46 AM. Reason: typo
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

Any artifact that contains the essense of chaos and corruption will change any potion it is dipped into to a potion of raw chaos. To remove cursed artifacts of this nature, you should use a scroll of uncursing.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

Ah, that explains it. One more thing, being sick then getting paralyzed kills you, it said I choked on my own vomit. never saw that anywhere.

Most successful combos for me: Grey elf wizards, trollish healers, dark elf beast-fighters, Gnomey monks, and any race barbarians.

Quote Originally Posted by The Metro Gnome View Post
    Ah, that explains it. One more thing, being sick then getting paralyzed kills you, it said I choked on my own vomit. never saw that anywhere.
    Yeah, and it's rather silly if you ask me. If you're paralyzed, it's impossible to vomit. Seems like the Creator simply wanted another unexpected w-t-f way for characters to die.

Blame a person named Dougy Sones:

http://www.adom.de/adom/report.php3?ident=942
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

Thanks a lot Dougy, I had a really good bard going there!

This is a most commong way for musicians (like bards...) to go, isn't it.
    ADOM General's warning: Treasure Hunting causes slowness, frailty, terrible markmanship and is dangerous to your characters' health

So true, so true......

Quote Originally Posted by da1edwin View Post
    Yeah, and it's rather silly if you ask me. If you're paralyzed, it's impossible to vomit. Seems like the Creator simply wanted another unexpected w-t-f way for characters to die.
    But you could have choked on some vomit that was already in your throat before you got paralyzed.
    Your armor weakens, oh my!