Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Guidebook work

If you're paralyzed, it's impossible to vomit.
    Maybe only the somatic nervous system is affected by paralysis, that is, all concious/voluntary movement such as walking and talking. Heartbeating, breathing etc. (including vomiting) continue to work.
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

Contrarywise to the Monster appendix corpse benefits, eating the oracle's corpse does not give a Ma boost. At least my dwarven fighter who got drained to 1 Ma by a Lich King would like to say so.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

There's a *chance* of getting a Mana boost, and of getting a permanent PP boost. Blessing the corpse helps a lot. Still only happenes about 1 in 6 times though.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Every monster classed as a spellcaster in the game has a chance of a Mana boost and a PP boost. The PP boost only is affected by the B/U/C status of the corpse, but is minor enough not to waste holy water on generally.

2.21.2 Hawkslayer

There is also an experience level requirement which is uncertain. Level 25 PC's have successfully gotten Hawkslayer as a companion, so that stands as a maximum level for the requirement at the moment.
    I got Hawk the Slayer at level 50 with a Grey Elven Wizard. Unless of course I'm reading it wrong and it should say minimum level instead of maximum ?

This was the first time I bothered with Hawkslayer. I'd closed the gate and was just playing tourist. I got bored of having to wait for Hawky to catch up with me so I gave him a warrior's death

It means a maximum minimum-level-requirement. E.g 'We know you can't get Hawkslayer at level 10, but you can get him at level 25. You might be able to get him at level 15, we don't know, but we do know for a fact that at most/at the very maximum, you'd only need to be level 25.'

It could certainly be better worded.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    It means a maximum minimum-level-requirement. E.g 'We know you can't get Hawkslayer at level 10, but you can get him at level 25. You might be able to get him at level 15, we don't know, but we do know for a fact that at most/at the very maximum, you'd only need to be level 25.'

It could certainly be better worded.
    Ah, okay. I gave up trying to get Hawkslayer as I'd always talk to him after my journey through the UD with no luck. Yes, it could be worded more clearly.

Rynt sees in darkness.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Quote Originally Posted by flibble View Post
    But you could have choked on some vomit that was already in your throat before you got paralyzed.
    Yeah, there are certainly implausible but possible scenarios like this. But it's unlikely enough such that paralyzed+sick should definitely not cause an instadeath. And an instadeath that's not savable by AoLS to boot.

Code:
       LEARNED -- +1 to Learning.
       Prerequisites: Level 1.

Rating: 4 (5 for illiterate characters)

Not a prerequisite, and fairly easy to train for most characters.
    Learning does help with a good number of things, but if your 
    character automatically gets the Literacy skill, probably not worth 
    it. Even if he/she doesn't, 1 point is unlikely to make a difference.
    Disagreement with that.
    First, we have deduced a bit earlier that getting to 10 learning with that talent DOES NOT GIVE LITERACY;
    Second, he REAL use of this talent is getting Le10 to get god learner.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game