Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 LastLast

Thread: Guidebook work

Like Jelly said, it's a fixed +2 HP / 12 turns, not a multiplyer.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

I agree with Grobble. Sufficient healing is sufficient for all purposes. If you meet a tough monster you die unless you can run away - healing rarely saves a char (in fact, sometimes it would be detrimental as you might lose the 1/3 HP Panic! movement cost factor). For regular dungeon grinding, suficient healing means you get back HPs at a reasonable rate compared to, say, starvation. Non-healing non-troll non-candle non-troll-bloodied non-tissue-corrupted PCs need to be on the lookout for alternate healing sources.

From the GB, first chapter:
    Note that none of the races is born with the Healing skill; it is entirely class-dependent. Nine classes are born with Healing. It is essential to obtain this skill. This means that those without it must choose Rynt's quest as opposed to Guth'Alak's in Terinyo,
    I would add "unless one has the candle starsign, which works better than 100 healing skill on its own." here. And perhaps "and unless one is playing a troll, who has pretty good natural healing rate regardless of healing". It is not essential to obtain. You might even forego it completely, trusting in herbs and level-ups to take care of Hit Point aquirement.

Later on, we come to the starsign section. One might start off by pointing out that most people consider candle and raven the all-round best talents. And I disagree with candle evaluation.
    "Candle can be an unbelievable sign for Trolls"
    . "Candle is good for everyone. It gives 2 HP per 12 turns (Fact-check needed) For hurthlings and gnomes it guarantees that you can select 'heir' talent. For slow healing races like Dark Elves it is a great early-game boost. It funtions better than maxed healing(Fack-check), so races starting without healing skill are free to select the herbalism (druid) quest.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    Like Jelly said, it's a fixed +2 HP / 12 turns, not a multiplyer.
    I do not start discussion on code, but does not healers get that bonus multiplied? I really need to reread Twinge's posts to get it.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

From Appendix J:

Emperor Moloch: Wishing for an emperor moloch doesn't create greater molochs if he is already dead.
    Gremlin: Gremlins are pink, not purple. At least on my computer...
    Ratling rebel: Might want to mention the effects of mace (Until recently I thought it would do hp damage). Also, as per a thread I saw a while ago, the phrase "rewards PCs that kill Dak the Arena Master with a scroll of peace" might be rephrased to make it less confusing.
    Skeletal king: Might be worth mentioning he ignores piranhas as well as water

EDIT:

Greater Mimic - needs to say "Imitates objects" in line with other mimics.
    Assassin, Bandit, Cutpurse, Master Assassin, Mugger, Raider, Raider Lord - all need to say "Reward from Tywat Pare for corpse"
    Pixie (archer) - grammatically, "Leave gold when killed" should be "Leaves gold when killed"
    Ratling Guardian - there aren't "one or two" in the game, there are two.
    Last edited by Ascaron; 06-18-2010 at 10:19 PM. Reason: added more corrections
    The Adom wiki: everything you need to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/ADOM_Wiki

Don't know if this should be mentioned here (or if its already mentioned somewhere else..) but you can stick an Orb guardian's corpse in your missile slot and pray to uncurse it when travelling back to trade for PoCC's. IMO in that part of the game gold is unlimited = "unlimited" piety, while potions of water tend to become quite valuable

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    he REAL use of this talent is getting Le10 to get god learner.
    Ummm, when did "god learner" become a talent, I'd love that with a nice wizard, but alas I've never seen it
    Quote Originally Posted by Laukku View Post
    I don't like being superstitious. It gives bad luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    "Today I will show everyone the size of my e-penis by stickying a thread from one year ago that absolutely no one cares about!"
    What happens when a being with godlike power has no concept of limits and unfettered creativity? Anything.
    ?/0

sorry, it's only for priests
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

eating a chaos viper corrupts:

"You start to consume the chaos viper corpse. You are done eating the chaos viper corpse. You feel changed... to the worse! You feel corrupted."

(gained +1 corruption)

D'oh! Guidebook implies that eating the viper won't corrupt. That didn't turn out too well for me In retrospect this should have been kinda obvious for me though...:P

Chaos viper corpses are one of the most corrupting corpses in the game (aside from orb guardian corpses and keriax). They also have one of the most corrupting attacks in the game, even higher than Andor's.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

I suppose not, but just in case, does the druid accept chaos viper corpses?