Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Guidebook work

I also use it on all my speedrun wizards because compared to all the other talents it is actually of use.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

The PC is only required to visit the pyramid and the maze for the first time during the specified level periods. Once the PC has visited those areas once, they may return at any level. This means that PCs should always have the opportunity to visit the pyramid, since they may simply enter at level 13, leave right away, and come back when they feel strong enough--even if that happens to be level 25
    At least for the pyramid it is not true. Only after killing Rehetep will the pyramid stay open.

EDIT: wow, didn't notice how old that was what I was reading.... and it has been corrected as the search function told me. forget that post.
    Last edited by Evil Knievel; 01-14-2010 at 06:49 PM.

I don't know of what weight it is, or if it's been pointed out as i cannot be bothered to page through all the 54 pages ; but the location of "The Water Dragon's Lair" entrace is incorrect in the graphical navigation ;
    As i have in several games, confirmed that one can find the entrance at the part of the river/the river from the lake where it consists of one 1 square of water.

i do not like Andy's book it iirc it writes that lair can be in any water square of map which is true.

not like quickling tree had fixed location too.

As for 54 pages... guess thread is loosing functionality in some way...
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

With very low literacy, it is (still) possible to fail to read scrolls. A test character with 1 Literacy (and 21 learning, reading scrolls of dark predictions on ID:2, male human Paladin under Raven of level 3, set up using adombot-equivalent if it matters) got 50% success regardless of B/U/C (100 trials per beatitude, results 50 cursed, 52 uncursed, 46 blessed)

Time to resurrect this thread, I think...

Section 0.13 Dungeon Features states that in Rich Flavor rooms, quote, "food consumption rate is not reduced to zero".

My test was performed with a level 50 L crowned bard who had won the game. They were wearing 4 artifacts, and a Ring of invisibility, and were Overburdened. This, theoretically, should result in 7 food consumption per turn.
    Standing just outside the room, the player waited until very hungry. They then entered the room, and drank a cursed potion of water (which grants 10 satiation), taking him to hungry. He then w5ed for 50,000 game turns. He did not at any point go back to being very hungry.

At this point, he dropped some items, left the room, walked two steps, and became very hungry. Saved, quit and backed up the game.

Reloaded, teleported across the level, wished for and killed friends until he became a fallen champion. Reentered the room, equipped another 2 artifacts, picked up items, drank unholy water until merely hungry again. At this point, my food consumption should have been 8.25 units per turn. w5ed for another 50,000 turns, still didn't become very hungry. (1-2 turns outside the room would have done so).

So, it appears that satiation does not go down at all while waiting around in those rooms.

But what if it was because the previous tester from 2002 was reading? Can you lose satiation while reading?
    I read 3 spellbooks of wish completely, total 11 readings (4-3-4), and still was hungry. If there was any satiation loss, it was under 10 units worth. In 50,000 turns and 11 readings of the wish spellbook. While I was losing 8.25 units a turn outside the room.

I honestly don't know how the previous tester managed to lose any satiation in this room, but I'll be damned if I can manage to repeat it.
    The Adom wiki: everything you need to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/ADOM_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Ascaron View Post
    I honestly don't know how the previous tester managed to lose any satiation in this room, but I'll be damned if I can manage to repeat it.
    Maybe he stuck his finger down his throat as a Drakeling and decided that counts.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I strongly disagree with the section "what kind of character is good for each starsign"?

There are two things in particular I do not agree with. First, the idea that starsigns with willpower bonus (tree and wolf) are good for mindcrafters. In the early game, this bonus is insignificant compared to the effects of candle and raven. Later on (post-herb), tree has about zero benefit at all.

Second, the part about candle. Candle is by far the best possible sign for nearly all R/C combos. There is one exception: healers. Healers already have such high HP regeneration that they benefit very little from candle, while they really need things like speed and a good melee weapon, which makes raven or perhaps cup or book more attractive. Especially true for troll healers.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Sec. Candle is a multiplication of your healing rate. Getting it as a healer will get the bonus truly high. Besides, it's a NUMBER of HP regenerated per turn, not an augmentation fo the rate (for helaer powers, iirc)
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Candle gives 2 HP per 12 turns, IIRC.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.