Page 48 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: Guidebook work

0.9.5 section from guidebook:

ghuls - They are only dangerous because of their paralyzation ability. Otherwise easy to kill. PCs with halfway decent DV should not have a problem.
    It is also worth to mention, that decent PV is also very useful against ghuls(and other undeads with special attacks). If ghul fails to hurt PC, ie. he hits without dealing any damage, his special attack won't trigger. It also seems that high willpower causes special undead abilities to happen less often(even if they manage to hurt PC).

When you have a high piety and you sacrifice, it cures sickness. Also, I think you should say that precrowns can be any gift. I never knew that, so I didn't think precrowns were imprtant.
    Last edited by DumbleDoor; 09-27-2009 at 04:20 AM.
    The RNG is the source of chaos and corruption.
    "You talk to molest, the female dwarven child. Molest, the female dwarven child, grunts: "Me wanna sugar, please?"

Quote Originally Posted by DumbleDoor View Post
    When you have a high piety and you sacrifice, it cures sickness. Also, I think you should say that precrowns can be any gift. I never knew that, so I didn't think precrowns were imprtant.
    Precrowns cannot be any gift unless you patch the game with the ToGu patch. Otherwise, the artifacts are limited the 24 discussed here under "Random Artifacts".
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    Only trouble is I think you can't close the door. The elite guardians will keep reopening it if you do.
    I've never had an issue with the dwarven elite guardians re-opening the door after I close it. No locks or anything, just shut the door and walk out.
    Last edited by Tomato Burger; 09-28-2009 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Initial response was a bit harsh...

Wonder what it was I confused that with. My bad.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    Wonder what it was I confused that with. My bad.
    Perhaps with shopkeepers. They always open the door to their shops if you close it.

This has made me discover something that I think I haven't seen anywhere. Another totally safe place to store some items seems to be... shops!

Put your items right outside the shop, and kick them inside. The shopkeeper won't complain and the items will be inside the shop but still not on sale. Curiously the shopkeeper will reposition the items, but I have been testing for a while and it seems that passers-by will not pick up the items. I dropped 4 or 5 items inside Munxip's and 4 or 5 inside, and waited for lots of turns, sometimes even blocking farmers inside the shop. All the items outside were picked up but those in the shop weren't picked up at all.

Of course this cannot be applied to unkickable items, like potions. And the technique seems quite exploity to me. I wouldn't use it, but I know some people may like it...

That's a really creative discovery. I can't believe I've
    never thought of such an exploity thing : )

I don't really have a problem with storing things myself.
    I store them wherever I like these days. All levels freeze
    after the PC leaves them, so there is a very slim chance
    that a monster will grab your stuff. If something does get
    some items, I just kill them and get my stuff back. I do
    believe the whole 'where to store stuff' thing came from
    the days before monster inventories were correctly
    implimented. Monster wouldn't drop a lot of stuff they
    picked up, even chaos orbs. I've never seen a problem in
    ADOM 1.1.1 though.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    That's a really creative discovery. I can't believe I've
    never thought of such an exploity thing : )

I don't really have a problem with storing things myself.
    I store them wherever I like these days. All levels freeze
    after the PC leaves them, so there is a very slim chance
    that a monster will grab your stuff. If something does get
    some items, I just kill them and get my stuff back. I do
    believe the whole 'where to store stuff' thing came from
    the days before monster inventories were correctly
    implimented. Monster wouldn't drop a lot of stuff they
    picked up, even chaos orbs. I've never seen a problem in
    ADOM 1.1.1 though.
    It's just a bit annoying if the demented ratling happens to pick up your stack of SoCR
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    It's just a bit annoying if the demented ratling happens to pick up your stack of SoCR
    Dwarftown is an obvious no-go in that matter =P

But I also store items near stairs everywhere. In low danger areas it's really quite safe, and as gut said before. Just kill anything that picks your stuff up. Since cats can't pick stuff up... you are as safe as can be =P
    Wins:

Lvl 50 Dark Elf Mindcrafter.
    Lvl 50 High Elf Assassin (Dual weilding).
    Lvl 50 Dark Elf Paladin.
    Lvl 50 Gnomish Assassin (Failed ultra turned normal gate closer)
    Lvl 50 Hurthling Thief (ULE).