Thread: first aid after life saving

Default first aid after life saving

I don't know whether this should be a bug or not, nor whether it has been reported as such. It is not a serious one either.

One can succesfully apply first aid after being saved by an amulet of life saving.

Should this be possible on not?

It cures sickness which is nice.

I was just forced to suicide my mist elf with one, sadly found on D:3 with a lithuim man trying to reach DT for a giant rat vs dwarven child brawl.

Waldenbrook is my new favourite NPC. Adamantium long sword of devastation, seven league boots and crown of fire( I think this one might be iron though).
    Last edited by Stingray1; 06-21-2013 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1 View Post
    One can succesfully apply first aid after being saved by an amulet of life saving.

Should this be possible on not?
    Only if the amulet wasn't blessed, I would say.

I'm afraid colored crowns are all made of iron, but the other items are great!
    "And light there be!"

Well, this was only the second time in my ADOM career a PC of mine was saved by one, also the 1st time one was killed by one. Amazing what I would get up to to not slay a cat. I'm afraid I'm not very clued up on the B/U/C effects thus.

Was sick and after life save at half HP. Not sure whether this was due to B/U/C status or sickness, pls enlighten me?

Edit - Another thing. I just poisoned an invisible stalker while not having see invisible. The stalker died from the poison. The message: "The invisible stalker drops dead!" Has this been reported?

Never even got to buy the nice sword. Lvl below DT had nice dull room with white pool, sip, sip, sip, you feel very very bad. Dark elven priestess, bitch! paralyzing, doomed effing RNG.
    Last edited by Stingray1; 06-21-2013 at 11:12 PM.

Well, this was only the second time in my ADOM career a PC of mine was saved by one, also the 1st time one was killed by one. Amazing what I would get up to to not slay a cat. I'm afraid I'm not very clued up on the B/U/C effects thus.

Was sick and after life save at half HP. Not sure whether this was due to B/U/C status or sickness, pls enlighten me?
    A blessed AoLS revives you with full HP, uncursed amulets with half of it. Cursed amulets are said to revive you with 1 HP, but they actually bring you back with 25% of the maximum and drain some Toughness. My guess is that whoever first tested that did it using a low-level PC and arrived at the "one hit point" conclusion.

Edit - Another thing. I just poisoned an invisible stalker while not having see invisible. The stalker died from the poison. The message: "The invisible stalker drops dead!" Has this been reported?
    Not as far as I remember, I'm surprised it doesn't say "something/someone drops dead".

Never even got to buy the nice sword. Lvl below DT had nice dull room with white pool, sip, sip, sip, you feel very very bad. Dark elven priestess, bitch! paralyzing, doomed effing RNG.
    Pools are dangerous things
    "And light there be!"

One would think the lvl below DT is fine, that's ADOM for you. This just after I got crowned from live sacs and had my concentration training going nicely with a locked away megabene.

Anyway, so you think successful First Aid is fine after cheating death?

had my concentration training going nicely with a locked away megabene.
    That's a good tactic, I've used it a couple of times, it's especially nice to train the skill with non-casters As is the babbling mouth corruption in 1.2.0.

Anyway, so you think successful First Aid is fine after cheating death?
    It's an odd behavior, but I can't really think of anything against it. Being killed certainly entails getting wounded, and a non-blessed AoLS (does this happen with a blessed one?) doesn't revive you at full health, so there's room for healing.
    "And light there be!"