Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: were pickpockets nerfed too much?

Default were pickpockets nerfed too much?

does anyone think that pickpockets was nerfed too much? I got mine up to 91 and I fail a lot. I can finally get through but about 80-90% of the time I get nothing. I have also noticed that in some cases it seems harder to pickpocket. Not sure if this is a change. It seems to happen when I am surrounded. This may have always been the case and I am just noticing it now.

I have noticed that dungeons/locations are harder to do pickpocket. I fail constantly on the 2nd level of the dwarven graveyard, but my success rate against similar undead is much higher on the first level. I can fail 15 times in a row with a pickpocket in the 80s-90s here and not fail against the same mobs elsewhere. is this a 1.2 change?
    Last edited by gosos; 06-22-2013 at 04:30 PM.

Imo it was nerfed in a wrong way. The idea was to make pickpockets more interesting, which means it should be situationally useful instead of all the time.

But what happened was an all-round big nerf. That doesn't help at all to make it more interesting. A better way imo would be to make pickpockets harder when the monster has noticed you, but easier when it doesn't notice you.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

were pickpockets nerfed too much?
    Yes, I'm afraid.
    "And light there be!"

Should have just left pickpockets like it was. I do a good share of pickpocketing, but the rewards have never been enough for me to do it all the time. The best thing I tended to get from pickpockets was water.

I think the success rate is higher if you haven't attacked the creature yet, and also higher if the creature is neutral. I've only noticed a big nerf doing it in the middle of combat.

Hard to be sure, I haven't collected stats or anything--that's just my impression.

Quote Originally Posted by BenMathiesen View Post
    I think the success rate is higher if you haven't attacked the creature yet, and also higher if the creature is neutral. I've only noticed a big nerf doing it in the middle of combat.

Hard to be sure, I haven't collected stats or anything--that's just my impression.
    Which does make sense in a way. I know by now that sense doesn't matter to some though. Have nice day.

I think it does make sense, but the problem is that the Yergius quest is now too tedious, especially if you don't really want to be a pickpocketer.

I think that quest should be nerfed, or an alternative given (stealing the mythical artifact X from character Y... maybe stealing anything from the water dragon lair).

I think it should be more successful based on class. Thieves, assassins should get bonuses. If your stealth is high that should help. Same with Invisible.

I really do think your success rate is partially based on where you are. Try pickpocketing in the 2nd level of dwarven graveyard even at 100. the failure rate is higher thannormal.

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Khwarizmi View Post
    I think it does make sense, but the problem is that the Yergius quest is now too tedious, especially if you don't really want to be a pickpocketer.

I think that quest should be nerfed, or an alternative given (stealing the mythical artifact X from character Y... maybe stealing anything from the water dragon lair).
    However, taking from the water dragon is only something high-level PCs should do, no? So this would still leave the skills inaccessible to lower-level PCs unless the player can put up with the extreme tedium. But tedious quests are not fun. Perhaps some challenging, but still doable by a lower-level PC, new quest should be added.

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Khwarizmi View Post
    Really, the answer is already there. You can already complete it by robbing shops. Just make it that stealing a single item from any shop is good enough.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.